Innovative Marine Aquariums

50x25x16 Rimless

KissMyDSM

hope you do as well! How long until the tanks back?

Should be the following weekend. No update from the builder yet.

I really hope they are taking the entire tank apart and rebuilding it correctly instead of going to just cut that seam out and redo it..... its the only acceptable way to "fix it" IMO. I can't believe he "tried to fix it" before tho either :wacko:

Yeah, he was pretty frustrated with himself. His track record was flawless until now. I have faith he will make it right.

Sick dimensions it is just bigger than my 60g, how many g is this?

The over flow line is at 14 and 1/2" which will make the total around 70ish gallons without rock.

Well, for jamming everyone into the sump things are doing ok. I have been diligently target feeding anyone that will eat. The scroll coral stopped receding and might make a come back. The green plate coral has less than 20% flesh left but was poofed out when I got home. Not much algae in the sump so I minced up some nori for the green guys.

post-64548-0-52580200-1414631031_thumb.jpg

post-64548-0-88098800-1414631042_thumb.jpg

post-64548-0-14670100-1414631049_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Water was clear this morning. I like the new scape...just not sure how I will integrate the existing rock. I will get some updated pics once I figure it out. Currently using my 36" Hamilton Cebu 2x250W halide + 4 T5 fixture (minus the halides) in combination with one gen 2 radion. Not sure what direction I want to go with light. I really like the pop from the radion and the coverage of the T5s. I would just stick with the halides but there is so much light scatter in our living room that its not viewer friendly. I think one more radion would do the trick. The new SICCE Syncra 3.0 is also a nice addition. Very minimal noise and quite powerful.

post-64548-0-53948400-1415890269_thumb.png

A friend runs the bigger version of this kalk reactor from Avast Marine Works and has had good results. Constructing it will be fun.

Also ordered the Marinepure Bio Media Block. Have heard so many great things about this product. The 8x8x4 will fit perfect in my sump.

I will update when I get the reactor and snap some pics of the construction process. I think for now I will just use the RKL and my doser pump to top off.

Was target feeding the dendros and noticed something. This one head has two seperate mouths. Not sure if the mouth just hasn't fully formed yet or if it is two independant mouths. Has anyone seen this before?

post-64548-0-30963100-1416018490_thumb.jpg

Anyway, thought I would share.

Far right side

post-64548-0-50798400-1416363038_thumb.jpg

Right side Front

post-64548-0-03690300-1416363040_thumb.jpg

Center Front

post-64548-0-52140900-1416363040_thumb.jpg

Left side

post-64548-0-06801700-1416363041_thumb.jpg

FTS

post-64548-0-29934000-1416363039_thumb.jpg

Second Radion on the way. Kalk reactor here thursday. Going to give the wallet a break and then work on filling this barren space.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates?

The tank is doing ok at the moment. Currently fighting a GHA outbreak on the new rock from BRS. Picked up a couple more turbo snails to help combat it. Dialed the lights back a bit also. Still waiting to purchase the final RMS for the second radion. Once that arrives I can remove the hamilton fixture and go with just the two radions. Putting in an order for an ultra gold/orange wall hammer. The order will also have additional frags to help with the loss of coral during the transfer period since the leaky tank forced me to keep them in subpar conditions longer than I planned for. The seller has done a lot to help the situation and will probably continue to get my buisness even with what happened. Once the unsightly algae is under control and the lights are finalized I will post some pics.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice tank, love the unique shape

Thank you. I am still diggin it so far.

The good news - The turbo snails and lawnmower blenny destroyed the GHA. The bad news - the super nice hammer did not make the ship over the mountain range. Very disheartening because even with it being retracted the colors looked bright orange. Everything else that was sent over was stressed out but came out of it. I guess these are the risks we take when the temp drops. The box was also saturated like it had been sitting in a puddle. The seller is holding another hammer slightly less awesome but I will be picking that one up in person (Hopefully with a couple more frags).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived