Pod Your Reef

50x25x16 Rimless

KissMyDSM

First mistake was building to large of a stand for the 40B.....which lead to a bigger tank. (Or maybe it was planned that way) ;)

I made the same mistake ;) Or was it? :)

Looks sweet! Did you go with starphire as well, looks really clear :wub:

Just the front pane. Most of the viewing is from the front in our living room.

So tonight I went ahead and started breaking down the breeder. I stopped updating the thread for that tank for various reasons. To get everyone caught up quickly I will enlighten you. Everything was doing great. Coral, fish, inverts.....all was good. I was using the same Rapid LED par bulbs that were in the original build pics. I had a fuge with a few different macros and even grew some mangroves. As summer came along I became complacent and wasn't testing as often. Why would I? Everything was doing so good. One day I come home and one of my SPS colonies was half bleached. At that point the test kits came out in a hurry and low and behold the alk tested somewhere around 16dkh. Yes, holy shitake mushrooms batman. The mechanical timer that the doser was on somehow hung up. Multiple large water changes insued but unfortunately the tank was stuck in a downward spiral. I have lost so many things that I really feel the weight of my ignorance. Please remember that testing shouldn't become something you just pass off because everything looks good.

With that being said, time to start a new chapter.

post-64548-0-66318200-1414118401_thumb.jpg

Clowns were keeping an eye on my handy work

post-64548-0-99208400-1414118427_thumb.jpg

When I got to the bottom I tried to save everybody. Starfish, worms, snails and limpets.

post-64548-0-60365000-1414118474_thumb.jpg

Everyone made it safely including the rock. I used a cutting board to move the larger pieces. Worked great

post-64548-0-86085100-1414118535_thumb.jpg

Just calling for its counterpart

post-64548-0-32887100-1414118638_thumb.jpg

Drain and returned marked. Will pick up saturday morning from here.

post-64548-0-34350800-1414118680_thumb.jpg

Just the front pane. Most of the viewing is from the front in our living room.

Nothing wrong with that, save a little cash and still have a super clear view :)

Sorry to hear about the problems you had losing stuff always sucks. I'm no stranger to equipment failures myself so I feel your pain :(

Drain and returned marked. Will pick up saturday morning from here.

Hope all went well today. Looking forward to some update pics tomorrow.

So after breaking down the breeder and plumbing the new tank you can only guess what happened next

post-64548-0-60403600-1414346758_thumb.jpg

Dropping the tank off for repair. Bummer

The builder admitted he tried to fix a line bubble in the seam. Even though I just drove 2 hours to drop the tank off the builder re imbursed gas and is going to personally drop it off when it is done. That eases my mind some.

So after breaking down the breeder and plumbing the new tank you can only guess what happened next

attachicon.gif20141025_152513.jpg

Dropping the tank off for repair. Bummer

I really hope they are taking the entire tank apart and rebuilding it correctly instead of going to just cut that seam out and redo it..... its the only acceptable way to "fix it" IMO. I can't believe he "tried to fix it" before tho either :wacko:

Archived