DAmsel With Ich looking Stuff

Deleted User 8530

Deleted User 8530

Fist I am going to TRY! I said TRY! To explain My self today. Well I dont think its ich decause it looks like it is Clumping ontop of itself. It is White and is the size of Ick. Well I have asked the LFS and they had told Me its not ich and its just stress from Shipment ect. PLEASE help me with this. Its not just on his back fin. its on his Left Flipper thing and 1 spot on his Body. I hope he doesnt die :*(

most likely lymphocystitis, do a google search on it. if you can post a picture it would help in an ID. if it is lympho you cant do anything except keep water quality excellent and it will go away on its own.

Deleted User 8530

I did a google pic search and that rely dosnt look like that. :( Well If its Ich What should I do? Well I cant get a pic becasue the fish is Fast and my Camera is slow :( Well any other help would be apprecated.

if it looks like you took a salt shaker to the fish its ich. if so QT the fish for at least a month, and choose either hyposalinity of about 1.009, or copper medication. the tank should have a small powerfilter or quick filter for a powerhead and a heater, and something inert like pvc for the fish to hide in. dont forget a test kit for copper if you go that route to ensure proper dosing. if you choose hypo do it slowly only a few points a day.

Archived