ReefCleaners.org

New tank pics...inc new coral...

Sahin

Here is an update at 4 weeks roughly.  I am putting a lot of money and work into this tank.  Its slowly coming round to be what I what the end product to be.

Let me know what you think, in terms of colour, aquacape, placement of corals, what else can I add to get green and blue colours etc?

Thanks.

Whole tank pic.

tank.jpg

New Bubble coral.  Notice the shape of the bubbles.

The bubbles are whitish-pink with hint of green, but the green isnt shwoing up here.

bubb.jpg

Here is my new Candycane coral.  I really like this coral.

At the LFS the polyps werent extending properly.

When I placed it at the bottom of my tank, the lower branches werent getting enough light and therefore werent extending properly.  I then placed it at mid level and its doing fine.  There are several  heads with two mouths, and other heads are ready to split as well.  For £29 I think this was worth it.

candy.jpg

Let me know what you think, and ideas/suggestions very much appreciated.  Thanks.

(Edited by Sahin at 8:59 am on June 18, 2002)

It looks nice Sahin. They had some blue and green striped mushrooms at my lfs that would add the colors you want quite nicely, so perhaps you should keep an eye out for those. Is the green plant in the bottom center of your tank some type of macro algae? Out of curiosity and for comparison purposes, how much did the Bubble coral cost you?

Thanks.

The bubble was actually cheaper than the candu coral at only £22.  At the LFS it looked way smaller and the left side of it wasnt too happy.  But it has recovered really well after being in my tank for a few days.

The green plant is some kind of macro algae.  There is a whole bunch growing there you cant see all of it.

When I first got the tank it was a little 1cm piece of macro algae, after 4 weeks its a big plant.

That is an outstanding looking tank, I have followed you since you started and you are doing great. Just hope my lil 10gal. can look that good in  a few months . WELL DONE !!!!

Excellent, that is a gorgeous tank. ALthough you may want to slow the stocking down a little bit and let things settle in. ALso once that bubble gets itselt situated and starts to grow be sure it has some room. They can be aggressive.

it looks great i love how everything is setup i would sugggest maby a yellow sponge or something very brightly colored to add sum "umph"lol,Chris:)

Looks VERY nice! I think some GSP and a neon blue clam would do nicely..but not sure waht kind og lighting you have. How big is the tank?

Thanks for all the replies.

I think GSP and green and blue mushrooms is the way to go.

My tank is 24G, but my lighting isnt good enough for clams.

As for fishes, I am waiting for the nitrate reduction to fully kick in before I add any fish.  IMO fish are bigger waste producers than any coral.

man that tank looks good. how much is 22 UK dollars compared to US dollars. 2 times right? oh well. man if you get better lighting, get a maxima clam. a blue one would look nice. thats what i m planning on getting for my 29 gal.

Hubu, 22 UK pound sterling is roughly 1.6x US dollars so its about $35US is that decent?  I have no idea how much this stuff costs in the US.  Maybe its less as there are loads more  LFS and reefers over there.

NanoReefer53

i know for 1 thing that lots of the good wild coral go to Europe and Asia (more $$$).

Looks great Sahin ! Has come a long way.

Vixyswillie

Awesome looking tank, Sahin! Love the aquascaping and color variety. You've done a fine job - congratulations! :) Keep us posted with more pics as things develop, please!

You have done a marvelous job sahin. I like the vivid appearence of the tank, and that candycane coral looks........delicous? :)  Keep up the good work, IMO, once you upgrade your lighting, your tank is going to be one of those that leave people like moi with their mouths open, drooling.... hehehehehe

Wow, thanks for all the comments.  It sure helps to know what you guys think as you are the ones who can give the best advice.

I think I am going to get some GSP and green and blue mushrooms as suggested.  Thanks.

And yes, the candy cane coral looks almost good enough to eat!  But I wont hee hee :)

Archived