ReefCleaners.org

Fishstiks Sexy Retreat (10g Fusion) NEED HELP WITH ANEMONE

Fishstiks

• 1 month later...

I found an unidientifed creature roaming the sands of my tank today. It looks like a slug, it moves like a slug (well, more like a caterpillar), it must be a slug!

Help ID this guy for me. I am thinking maaayyybe it might be a baby lettuce nudibranch, as I had one in this tank a long long time ago that mysteriously disappeared, perhaps it laid eggs?

It's kind of a greenish-brownish color, about 4 millimeters long, inches along hte sand like a caterpillar (makes that hump up then slides) and has 2 antaena? on its head. It has some spots all over its body, and it looks like it might be starting to get a ruffle along the top of its back.

I took a few pics, sorry they are not the best. Any ideas? Should I pull this little guy or leave him be?

http://youtu.be/k6Z8Ap8KcHg

Here is a video :-)

post-82935-0-03646800-1425583164_thumb.jpg

post-82935-0-90529400-1425583178_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Monthly update time! Tank is doing well, added a few new corals, rearranged a bit. My unidentified slug is deffinitely looking like a lettuce nudibranch :-)

Brought a few gorgonians from my tank at home, but they don't seem to be polyping near as well here, so I may have to pull them. I run the AI Nano at only about 35% or my corals start bleaching, but that may not be enough for these gorgs. Gonna give em a little more time to adjust and see what happens.

And of course, my little sexies are being super sexy!

post-82935-0-16996600-1426887038_thumb.jpg

post-82935-0-69889400-1426887098_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

May 2015 FTS

CB35E616-0053-4857-8745-A17D9BD2CE1D_zps

I had to remove the Xenia from the top, it REALLY loved the light and totally overgrew the rock and was shading the rest of the tank. I am going to tput another frag in there, and try to keep it trimmed back a little this time.

In sad news, my tailspot blenny who has been with me for quite some time deciced to try his hand at carpet surfing last week. He lost. I am sad. Now fishless :-(

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your tailspot. I love your tank, though. Not sure why I never saw this one before. Tagging along.

What happened to the panda goby?

May 2015 FTS

CB35E616-0053-4857-8745-A17D9BD2CE1D_zps

I had to remove the Xenia from the top, it REALLY loved the light and totally overgrew the rock and was shading the rest of the tank. I am going to tput another frag in there, and try to keep it trimmed back a little this time.

In sad news, my tailspot blenny who has been with me for quite some time deciced to try his hand at carpet surfing last week. He lost. I am sad. Now fishless :-(

your tank is beautiful!

i had the same experience. no luck with any fish,

kept mysteirously dying or jumping, or i picked a starving

rainfordi. anyway, my ycg of 6 months jumped too.

i was so sad.

i know have a purple fire fish which seems to be doing

very well!

good luck!!

Thanks all, I am pretty happy with how it is coming along. Guess I'm gonna have to break down and use the lid if I want to keep fish in here.

The panda goby has not been seen in my QT tank for 2 weeks now. He is TINY, like 1/2 inch tiny, so he is either hiding really well, or didnt make it and mysteriously disappeared. I have blown the rocks in the QT tank out but have still not seen him.

• Like 1

Ok guys........dillema.

I took my overgrown rock of Xenia home to frag it, and while it do really love it, it grows so stinkin fast I fear if I bring a frag back, it will just overgrow again within a month.

Thinking I may leave it out of the mix, and mayyyyybeeeee put a couple of sticks on the top of that empty rock. ;););)

Thoughts?

I don't have a lot of SPS experience, I have a couple birsdnests, monti caps, bali green slimer and a pink milli. What would be a good, but hardy sps for this tank?

Ok guys........dillema.

I took my overgrown rock of Xenia home to frag it, and while it do really love it, it grows so stinkin fast I fear if I bring a frag back, it will just overgrow again within a month.

Thinking I may leave it out of the mix, and mayyyyybeeeee put a couple of sticks on the top of that empty rock. ;););)

Thoughts?

I don't have a lot of SPS experience, I have a couple birsdnests, monti caps, bali green slimer and a pink milli. What would be a good, but hardy sps for this tank?

try a different type of xenia, the pulsing pom pom xenia I have grows quite controllably and is easy to chop off a stalk and remove it or place where I want it.

bali green and some sort of pocilipora are pretty bulletproof if i can keep them in my tank. The pocilipora is nice because the polyp extension on it is insane and has a good amount of movement for an sps.

• 2 weeks later...

Fed the tank, got some seriously awesome feeding response!!! Had to share :-)

854B65F6-BED3-409E-B6F0-485B68FA508F_zps

BFA64ECA-3A07-49D6-A4CF-74D1082A0131_zps

95A93124-5D51-4340-A127-81F51606699C_zps

4EE667BA-E38E-4B1B-B4CA-11E0E1A3348A_zps

Even the worms got in on this action.....

D820CAB8-8A69-4FC6-A105-E26C85AE3EC3_zps

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a new friend! Such a cool little guy! He dropped both of his claw arms the day I got him, probably from the stress of shipping and acclimating, but seems to be doing great otherwise. Hopefully they will regrow when he molts next.

It took him less than 2 hours to fins the nem, which is where he has settled. Right front and center! Kinda cool to see a crab out in the open, my pom pom rarely makes an appearance.

[/url]">http://s356.photobucket.com/user/gypsycat78/media/98C34E89-A736-4D25-BE9D-F1871F09350C_zps8avbngtd.jpg.html'>98C34E89-A736-4D25-BE9D-F1871F09350C_zps

• Like 5

Yea, it's the AI Nano. Thought about upgrading to the new prime, but, this tank is doing so well as is, I figure, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :slap:

• Like 1