Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fishstiks Sexy Retreat (10g Fusion) NEED HELP WITH ANEMONE

Fishstiks

Hey all,

So..........after a really looong wait for the crazy backordered 10 gallon IM Nuvo Fusion, it arrived late last week in perfect condition! This tank will be my office tank, replacing my currently running Spec V.

I upgraded the stock media basket with the IM caddy basket (not perfect, but better than the stock one). I also replaced the pump with a Rio + 600 (200 gph) that I had sitting around. Will probably upgrade to closer to 300 gph in the future. I also have a spinstream I will be adding to the tank.

I purchased 2 different lights to try over this tank, an AI nano w/ controller and a Nanobox from another member here. Don't get to keep both, hubbs says I have to sell the one I don't use. :-( He just doesn't understand Multiple Tank Syndrome. Lol

Tank has been leak tested and is filled and ready for the big move. Probably within the next day or 2.

Current stock will include:

1 pom pom crab

4 sexy shrimp

1 talbots damsel (until he gets bigger, then he will move to my large tank at home)

various Z's & P's (sexies have been model citizens so far)

frogspawn, duncans, leptastrea, kenya tree, toadstool

1 rock nem, will be adding another 1-2 in the future

Here are some pics, will update as progress continues :-)

sand in, filled up and running....

post-82935-0-19268800-1412190112_thumb.jpg

post-82935-0-75003200-1412190177_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Haha, so apparently my posting skills are sub-par today, and I posted this thread like 3 times. Lol

Please ignore the previous posts. :-)

Clearing up nicely!

post-82935-0-75294600-1412190847_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Livestock has been moved. Nothing is in it's permanent location, I need to move some corals around, and possibly tweek the scape, but for now, its all over and doing well. Still need to set up the lights too. Its all still a little cloudy too. George has been digging himself some new holes in the sand. :-)

post-82935-0-34951500-1412371621_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Tank is doign well, I stil need to rerrange the corals, but I wanted to give everything some time to settle and make sure I didn't have a mini cycle. All went well. Added a tailspot blenny, George will be relocating to my 90g soon, he is rearranging the sand bed for me and making quite a mess. lol

and of course, a pic!

post-82935-0-36909600-1413313975_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys. Questions and concerns..............

I came in to work this morning to the heater in my little tank not working. Luckily it was not super cold in here, and the tank was sitting at just under 72 degrees. I know it was working yesterday when I swung by for a minute, and was sitting at 79 like normal.

I have a Colbalt Neo-Therm 50w heater and it has worked flawlessly until I guess it just gave out through the night. Ugh

Luckily, I have a spare that I use to heat water change water, so it is in the tank now heating things back up to normal.

My question is........do I need to be super concerned about this? EVERYTHING looks to be in perfect order, all corals opened and seem happy as always this morning, the blenny is fine, the crabs and shrimp are all accounted for and seem fine.

I don't know how low the temp got through the night, but the office is typically kept at about 68-70 on the weekends in the winter as no one is here.

I'm kinda freakin' out here. I love this little tank and the inhabitants in it. Really hoping they will be ok.

Gorgeous gorgeous tank! I wish MINE looked this nice :)

It'll be ok. Cooler water is safer than hot water. Cooler waters will slow the corals down but unless they drop to terribly cold temps (think below 65) your tank will be fine. Many reefs have cooler temperatures of around 70-72 at night or when cold currents come through. As long as you keep it relatively constant from here on out and have a back up heater, you're good to go.

Thanks. Yea, everything looks fine, I would probably not have even noticed if I didn't keep a digital thermometer on the tank as well.

I am heating it back up slowly as to not shock anyhting and have already emialed Cobalt Aquatics as this heater is barely 6 months old........and not cheap!

Will definitely get another spare to keep on hand.

I will have to get a new picture posted, the tank looks quite a bit different now even :-)

• Like 1

I like your scape. It looks good, the only thing I might agree with is the height of the left side. I think my rock is too high as well, but mainly because I moved my toadstool up to the top and it sticks out of the water when I do a wc. Doesnt seem to bother the toadstool, but it drives me crazy. Lol

• Like 1

You're tank looks great! Looking forward to the updated FTS :)

I had a problem with my Cobalt 50w too. When I had my Apex controller turning it on and off, sometimes it wouldn't turn on. I replaced it with a Finnex. Later, I put the old Cobalt in another tank without a controller and it worked fine for months. Go figure.

Update time!

Tank is doing very well. The cobalt heater seems to be working fine again. I did as they suggested and unplugged it for a few hours, then pluged it back in and it seems to be working again. I think instead of turning off the whole power strip when I do water changes, I will just try unplugging the pump, as the heater stays submerged in th back ans can stay turned on. Hopefully this will help, but I did order a new heater for back-up, just in case.

There are 2 fish, a Tailspot Blenny, and a six-line wrasse. The six-line will go in my 90g at home when he gets bigger, but he is happy for now and I added an extra water change to the routine to make up for the excess bio-load of 2 fish. I also feed sparingly. Eventually, the tailspot will be the only fish inhabitant in this little tank.

I pulled some of my "designer" zoas and threw them in my tank at home. So far, the 5 sexies have been model citizens, but as I want to add more of them still, I don't want to risk them munching. I plan to add some nice rics and acans to the tank for better color.

Sorry for the not-so-awesome iphone pics, gotta make due with what I have while at work :)

post-82935-0-11672000-1418845951_thumb.jpg

post-82935-0-22664300-1418845969_thumb.jpg

post-82935-0-23037000-1418846158_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Lol. Thanks guys!

I really like my nem too. He is pretty awesome. Would love to add another one, hence the reason that rock is still bare.....prime real estate! :-)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

January Update!

All is well, did a little gluing and rearranging, but nothing new to report. Finally added my wp10, have a nice little wave going. Much happier with the flow now.

Hoping to add a 2nd rock nem in the near future, and perhaps a porcelain crab.

post-82935-0-54941300-1420484123_thumb.jpg

post-82935-0-61567800-1420484138_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got some new goodies! Not sure if I will keep the torch in this tank or take it home to my bigger tank, but it sure is perrrrtttyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

post-82935-0-85357400-1420837087_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

and then there were 5.............

So, I had 5 sexy shrimp, one is a really tiny little guy. He disappeared a few months ago, and I figured he had been picked off or perished. Lo and behold, this morning I see 1 tiny sexy shrimp hanging under my torch coral, and the other 4 are still chillin' on the rock nem. I don't know know where this little guy has been all this time, but I was pleasantly surprised to see him today!

Sorry for the crappy cell pic, but you get the idea.

post-82935-0-02436200-1422379924_thumb.jpg

• Like 4