Innovative Marine Aquariums

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2017 at 0:36 AM, markalot said:

Nitrates down to 2 so not as intense but man is it growing fast.

hk57LxV.jpg

Latest.

6eKVdcs.jpg

... and the 'smaller' colony.

f0GXwB6.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Nitrates a nearly constant 1 or 2, adding a full dropper squirt of CaNO3 daily.  Color has responded, even in the more shaded areas.

6qez8Jb.jpg

• Like 6
3 hours ago, sprite said:

I need this again now that my tank is on the right track after last yr 

I have frags.

5 hours ago, markalot said:

I forgot to post the closeup.  Incredibly vivid when params are just right.

Lz9eoww.jpg

Spectacular color, growth, and the polyps are all fluffy. :wub:

• Like 1
Just now, ninjamyst said:

I got a frag of Katropora from Roger a couple months ago.  Still poop brown with a hint of green.  it is encrusting though but no growth on the tips.  Any tips on getting it to color up?

Mine from Rodger is crazy colorful... also the only thing in my tank blossoming 

5 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

I got a frag of Katropora from Roger a couple months ago.  Still poop brown with a hint of green.  it is encrusting though but no growth on the tips.  Any tips on getting it to color up?

.06 PO4, 1 to 2 to 20 nitrates.  If LED only then increased nutrients even more important IMO.  I was able to get color under Maxspect Razors but it does look better with T5's in the mix.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
HarryPotter

Y'all be jealous of my color ?

7802594A-48C9-403B-BBAE-176862064103_zps

On 5/13/2017 at 7:28 PM, ninjamyst said:

Mine browned immediately... a year later is throwing branches up and I see the purple tips. I'll take a frag off and grow it alone on a plug to see it that'll be nicer!

I'm the long-term caretaker for @drgibby's Katropora. It's getting decent PE but like some of my other sticks, it's too greeen. Probably due to high iron content in the tank, someday I need to take things apart to figure out where it's coming from once and for all.

20170515-untitled-032-Edit.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Looking so good!!!!

I need another one someday. We had to move apartments and we had a medical emergency and ended up selling off almost everything I had in a lot for a bargain price just to move it that day so it wouldn't die. I kept a pair of clownfish and a few softies since they were hardy enough to toss in a 10g and ignore for a few weeks without light. :o

I feel kind of humiliated posting this after Mark's masterpiece, but here's what mine looks like so far. I got the frag from @drgibby and it's been slowly encrusting and coloring up. 

Katropora

• Like 2

Encrusting is good! Guess who has two thumbs and got a slimer to brown! (one of these has to be a brown thumb; I gotta get ready to amputate)

6 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I feel kind of humiliated posting this after Mark's masterpiece, but here's what mine looks like so far. I got the frag from @drgibby and it's been slowly encrusting and coloring up. 

• Haha 1