ReefCleaners.org

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Thank you for the messages folks, no more please. I don't like to frag the Katropora that much so I'm all fragged out for now.

I'll post pictures of frags when I make them.

Here's a picture re-hype took several months ago, the colony has grown a whole lot I just realized

unnamed.jpg

• Like 8

Mine are a little high

Updated.

Po4- 0ppm - 0.02ppm

No3- 1.5ppm

Kh- 11.2

Mg- 1520

Cal- 440

Fe- 0ppm

I2- 0.05

K- 431

Ph- 8.26

Sg- 1.025

Temp- 79f

I have a crappy top down, showing how much better mine looks from the top.

Pfs3Rk.jpg

I've got a porthole thing coming from Avast Marine for top downs. Silly Clown likes to splash water when the pumps are off.

My KH is at 8.5, Calcium 450ish

• Like 3

My favorite colors! The pictures are all so beautiful. I need to follow this thread so I can be on top of things next time you're willing to frag, Kat.

• Like 1

I got my Avast marine porthole thing and took my first set of topdowns. I stared at this for 5 minutes. It doesn't look anything like this from the front yet.

DtPgCR.jpg

• Like 7

Almost two months with mine and its still the same fabulous shade of brown and the same mass lol

Why is that Ben???

Reason I ask is because I have 2 frags of strawberry shortcake from 2 different sources. Neither of them look like pics I'ce seen of them. One is a nice rusty brown and neither one has any green at all. I have them both near the top thinking maybe they need the intense lighting??

jedimasterben

Why is that Ben???

Reason I ask is because I have 2 frags of strawberry shortcake from 2 different sources. Neither of them look like pics I'ce seen of them. One is a nice rusty brown and neither one has any green at all. I have them both near the top thinking maybe they need the intense lighting??

It will probably be a while before you do, that particular species is a notoriously bad shipper.

What species of coral is it?

A. nasuta or subulata.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

hmm....now that I'm back into SPS...kinda REALLY back into SPS, I think I need to get involved with this coral. I know you're done fragging for now Kat, but I'd love to get in line for one even if it's next year.