Top Shelf Aquatics

very pretty! what is it?

Jbrock183

Lol agree with no alcohol for identification. However I do think I'm close, not dead on, but close.

Maybe it's because I'm on a phone but I don't see why it doesn't look like lepto.

on a side note I positively ID'd some crazy looking worms in my tank tonite, well they aren't worms, they're hydrozoan, candelabrum fritchmanni is the one mine that resembles mine. Corals seem fine with them touching on occasion and they only really extend at night fun to watch.

Hydroids? Yeah.. Tons of different species from what I understand. The ones I had/have don't bother anything either..

same, this one doesn't look like the colonial ones tho its solitary, shoot to the 4 min mark on this video this is what I got under macro which is pretty wild too

Yes. It is SPS.

So Hey - Where in WV? Ashland, Ky. here

word, charleston, I lived in hell, i mean huntington for a minute once haha.

got any good reef stores in ash?

Yes. Berts pet store is a good place.

word, look up pagoda cup coral

im seeing that or like reef said a type of pavona, only the polyps i see look like they are little flower shapes hence my pagoda guess

Cactus coral.

I prefer to try to figure out these things on my own but sometimes I just can't and I'm glad to have this forum to help me learn. I just got a new frag but can not remember what the guy at the LFS told me it was. It was a long name.... I picked it because it reminded me of a pretty blue christmas tree with green flickering lights. What is this? I got a great deal on this frag - one piece of rubble with 3 pieces.

Archived