Top Shelf Aquatics

2 shrimps

TheLadyDragon

TheLadyDragon

i currently have a CBS that charges at me when i clean the tank, scares the $h17 out of me every time, i was thinkingof getting a skunk cleaner shrimp. will they be fine together? or am i just asking another stupid question? the tank is a 30 gallon

miller_time

they'll be fine. i have a CBS and 2 Skunks in my 26. MY CBS stays on one side of the tank, while the skunks stay on the other side.

I totally disagree with miller. If the CBS and skunk were introduced at the same time, maybe. However, if the CBS comes after you, he will likely tear the skunk asunder. Wouldn't chance it.

miller_time

I agree adding the two can be a little dicey by all means.

Here's my story:

I first added my CBS three months before i added my skunks. I did notice that my CBS is aggressive with my skunks but he's never really tried to go after them. Usually when they get near each other they just turn and go about the opposite way. But for the most part as i mentioned earlier, my CBS has his established territory on one side of the tank where he stays and my skunks have their territory on the other side of the tank where they stay.

Perhaps i should of been a little more specific in my earlier posting as I do agree with kraphtymac, because it can be somewhat of a risk. But if you have the space, as is my case, it can work out.

my $.02: I had a cleaner introduced first, then put in a smaller CBS. They lived together for a while, until the CBS got bigger and then... GULP! Found cleaner shrimp sticking out of CBS's mouth... I'd say it's only a matter of time before the CBS chomps the cleaner.

TheLadyDragon

ive had the cbs for a year now, i could always get rid of him and get the skunk cleaners... or maybe just stuff the bugger in the sump fuge. anyways thanxs for the replies.

ashley

Archived