Pod Your Reef

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Bluefish Controller!

APLATN13

So I have my timer set up for 11 and my morning starts at 11. However when my bluefish turns on the lights come on at midday strength. What am I doing wrong?

7791E4E7-0A62-4FA7-8B2D-7ABF68C2A363_zps

42A47FBA-0F63-4F55-8C59-380972D2B588_zps

DAF3C44C-9878-46D1-94B4-52A234CCE8BA_zps

So I have my timer set up for 11 and my morning starts at 11. However when my bluefish turns on the lights come on at midday strength. What am I doing wrong?

7791E4E7-0A62-4FA7-8B2D-7ABF68C2A363_zps

42A47FBA-0F63-4F55-8C59-380972D2B588_zps

DAF3C44C-9878-46D1-94B4-52A234CCE8BA_zps

Try turning off dynamic sunrise

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Mary_chau2005

I updated my bluefish light settings today and now the lights are not turning on for the set times. When I preview the lights on my app the light turns on. Does anyone know why it is doing this?

I updated my bluefish light settings today and now the lights are not turning on for the set times. When I preview the lights on my app the light turns on. Does anyone know why it is doing this?

Make sure your time is set correctly if you did a full reset. As well make sure you are using APP 2.

-Dave

• 1 month later...

For those of you with a moonlight channel, do you run your fans with it? It's night, I was thinking of dialing the fans down a bit..

For those of you with a moonlight channel, do you run your fans with it? It's night, I was thinking of dialing the fans down a bit..

No need to.

• Like 1

Hey all! Looking for some advice. This is what I have my midday settings at for my newly set up RFA tank that I'm running my Tide over. I know RFAs don't need a ton of strong light. Is this good? too much? Too little?

sKI8NUR.png

For me I like to run a heavy blue. They really can handle most of anything. So even bumping the whites down to get a true POP.

Hey all! Looking for some advice. This is what I have my midday settings at for my newly set up RFA tank that I'm running my Tide over. I know RFAs don't need a ton of strong light. Is this good? too much? Too little?

• Like 1

For me I like to run a heavy blue. They really can handle most of anything. So even bumping the whites down to get a true POP.

Cool! Yeah, I was thinking that especially with this just being RFAs. Thanks Dave! this is exciting :happydance:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I must be old school because the preset settings look too blue and washed out to my old eyes. Mind you I'm one who thought 10K halides were too blue when they came out :D. I have been playing around with the settings but can't seem to get it dialed in. I want a 10K midday with a solid blue/violet morning and evening. I guess the color really isn't the issue because I like the way the 1:1 ratio looks and the blues/violets alone make the coral look like it's plugged into the wall. It's the ramping and lengths I need help with. Is it ok to leave the mornings and evenings 3 hours with only blues/violets running? I would prefer a 12 hour day with maybe a 2 hour morning/evening but I worry that an 8 hour midday at 1:1 will fry my stuff. Am I just overthinking this?

smeagol108

I do about an 11 hour day. Blues/violets only in morning and again in evening. 4 hours in the morning and than 3 at night.

lights on 11 AM,

morning ends at 3PM

ramps to midday between 3-430,

430-7 full midday

7-8 ramps down to evening

8-10 evening

10-11 ramps down to night

11-11 night

I think my blues and uvs are 75% all day (except night)

cyan is 75 percent in morning and midday, but only 30 percent at night

whites are 55% midday.

• Like 1

Which bluefish version are you guys using? On the old version, I used to be able to do an actinic setting in the morning and then in the afternoon into night and the in between I used to run a 20k look. But it seems like now, the only way to do that is to enter the 20k setting into the midday profile, but it doesn't last as long as I want it to last. I'd like it to last more than the max time which I think is only 90 minutes. The night channel I set to 0 because I don't want any lights on at night.

Does anyone understand what I mean?

• 4 months later...

I know this is a bit of an older thread, but man, is Bluefish complicated or what?

Wish there was a way to just adjust the time graph by pulling/adjusting the time graph via a GUI instead of all this "ramp" and "length" verbage.

Im trying to figure out how to do a simple 4 hour ramp to midday, have midday level for 4 hours, and then a ramp down for 4 hours to night.

jedimasterben

I know this is a bit of an older thread, but man, is Bluefish complicated or what?

Wish there was a way to just adjust the time graph by pulling/adjusting the time graph via a GUI instead of all this "ramp" and "length" verbage.

Im trying to figure out how to do a simple 4 hour ramp to midday, have midday level for 4 hours, and then a ramp down for 4 hours to night.

Enable Natural Sun, then set your morning start time, night start time, and midday percentages, and then you're good to go.

Enable Natural Sun, then set your morning start time, night start time, and midday percentages, and then you're good to go.

Thats it! Thank you so much.

My settings:

Morning/Evening

RB:45

W/L:20

V:45

C/B:40

Gives a nice light blue with a hint of violet.

Midday:

RB:60

W/L:60

V:75

C/B:60

This midday looks like my old 10K MH I use to run. Nice and clean light with a hint of blue. I think im running my White/Lime "hotter" than most but it sure looks damn good.

• Like 2

I have the Large retro Plus M, is there a purpose for the royal blue settings?

I do not see a change in light from 0-100%

Great light, I am very happy with it.

Btw Dave, all is good. I think what threw me off was the moon light that never turns off until morning settings start, TY for the help!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Dave

I have question about fan setting. I think the fan is there to cool down the LEDs.

Why they are not running automatically base on the setting that we choose? How do i know if my fan is running high enough to cool it down? I am worried if I set the fan too low, it will cause nanobox to over heated. Is there a guideline?

burtbollinger

there's guidance, will send you a link....off the top of my head, you want them running at 75-85% during your midday...Do not run it any lower than 80% for the Mini and 70% for the Duo.

the info is here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/367284-nanobox-how-to-bluefish-tideduoquad-series/

as for my Nanobox Duo M settings, since we're sharing:

Natural Sun: On, Storm: On, Clouds: On

Morning starts at Noon. Night starts at 1AM. I work a 9-5 and want to come to a well lit tank. (Reefer 170)

morning:

RB: 45

W/L: 25

V: 30

C/B: 30

Fan: 75

my midday settings right now....are:

RB: 55

W/L: 55

V: 60

C/B: 60

This seems to look more like a slightly more blue version of the 14k Pheonix bulb I used to use...

evening:

RB: 40

W/L: 20

Fan: 70

• Like 1

Nothing lower than 70%. If you need any help drop me a line. If running higher I would suggest 80%.

Dave

I have question about fan setting. I think the fan is there to cool down the LEDs.
Why they are not running automatically base on the setting that we choose? How do i know if my fan is running high enough to cool it down? I am worried if I set the fan too low, it will cause nanobox to over heated. Is there a guideline?

Good start but I would bump up a hair. Let me know if you need help.

Thanks!

there's guidance, will send you a link....off the top of my head, you want them running at 75-85% during your midday...Do not run it any lower than 80% for the Mini and 70% for the Duo.

the info is here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/367284-nanobox-how-to-bluefish-tideduoquad-series/

as for my Nanobox Duo M settings, since we're sharing:

Natural Sun: On, Storm: On, Clouds: On

Morning starts at Noon. Night starts at 1AM. I work a 9-5 and want to come to a well lit tank. (Reefer 170)

morning:

RB: 45

W/L: 25

my midday settings right now....are:

RB: 55

W/L: 55

V: 60

C/B: 60

This seems to look more like a slightly more blue version of the 14k Pheonix bulb I used to use...

evening:

RB: 40

W/L: 20

Fan: 70

• Like 2
burtbollinger

Dave, are you saying I should bump up a hair? What should I bump? I feel like I've bothered you enough already but I'd love your advice on tweaking.

so far, really in awe of the beautiful color this thing puts out.