Pod Your Reef

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Bluefish Controller!

APLATN13

I'm so excited to get my new Nano Tide with Bluefish Controller. Basically, I ordered all the options I can add for my Nuvo Nano 8 :D

Nano Box Mini Tide

Bluefish Upgrade

Moonlight Upgrade

So Please Share your settings and setup in tank!

Thanks

Anthony

I just got mine and have been playing around with it.

It's a Quad with a dedicated moonlight.

Here are some pics of my current settings, though I have nothing in the tank!

General Settings

15192988595_9eb1dcd7d1_b.jpg

Morning starting at 8:00 am

15192989045_45d9b81c3e_b.jpg

Midday

15169967346_063d874c6f_b.jpg

Evening

15006420068_1725584d76_b.jpg

Night starting at 10:00pm

15006319740_82a404ec0a_b.jpg

How are you guys enjoying the bluefish? My partner is getting me the nanobox quad with bluefish controller for my birthday. So I am wondering if the bluefish is worth getting. Thanks

I consider myself a pretty picky person… as well as someone that is VERY budget conscious. And I would definitely do it over again!

But I've also only played with it for 3 days now so I can't give an in depth review yet.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to share a little vid of a lightning storm. I have my Bluefish set to my city and this is the first time I've had any kind of bad weather locally.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

hi theishkid I have been trying to find out what I need to get for my blyefish. What type of camera and do i need speakers to get the sound effects of a storm? I have ask but no one has replied so I am looking and found this thread. Thanks

Check out this thread for camera recommendations:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349125-bluefish-webcam-setup/

I wouldn't know for sure as I don't have one yet.

I also don't know anything about a bluetooth speaker or how to set one up.

I do know that it's not really needed… the only time the speaker works as of right now is if you play a storm. The speaker doesn't come on if a storm is happening at your location from what I understand.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Is the bluefish worth switching over from the stom x? Im running the storm x on both my quads, but i feel like its lacking in some areas. I love the cloud and storm mode but think they time the clouds pass or the storm is going on is way to short.

Does bluefish allow for more control of these settings?

SpencerShepard

Is the bluefish worth switching over from the stom x? Im running the storm x on both my quads, but i feel like its lacking in some areas. I love the cloud and storm mode but think they time the clouds pass or the storm is going on is way to short.

Does bluefish allow for more control of these settings?

Obviously I'm biased so I will just explain the features. With Bluefish, cloud patterns are determined by actual weather in a real location and updated hourly. So when it's partly cloudy in your chosen location, it's partly cloudy over your tank.

I've built some functionality into the firmware so that users will be able to adjust the cloud "brightness" for each individual weather effect. Although I've heard no complaints about our current cloud simulation. However, I think the extra control will be a good thing as lighting setups vary so much.

is there anyway to shut the moonlight off say at like midnight till 0400 since my fish arent scared of the dark and its for my entertainment only?

The only way to do that would be to setup your Evening settings to be your moonlight, and set Night Start to when you want the moonlight to go off.

• Like 1

Anybody else care to share their settings? I'm running a bluefish controller on a mini tide with gooseneck over a 5 gallon (10x10x12) tank. Just wondering if anybody could give any advice. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have had my bluefish awhile, I love it, settings are for a quad diagonally on a 24" cube

Morning: 1100

Length:150 minutes

Ramp Speed: 90 minutes

Blues: 45%

Whites: 60%

Midday:

Blues: 70%

Whites: 70%

Evening:

Length:150 minutes

Blues: 60%

Whites: 45%

Night: 2130

Blues: 0%

Whites: 0%

Moon: 5%

Natural Sun, Clouds, Lightning are all off, and Lunar Cycles are on.

Dynamic Photoperiod is off as well

Seems to be working for me as everything is growing well

is there anyway to shut the moonlight off say at like midnight till 0400 since my fish arent scared of the dark and its for my entertainment only?

I have a Quad, with no moonlight. I set my nighttime setting to 1 on the blue channel with a long ramp time. I have the power connectors for the Quad fixture and fans on a timer, which goes off at midnight and back on at 7am. My day setting starts at 7:30 am. I find this very workable, gives the net effect you are looking for. The Storm controller power is not on the timer, stays up the entire time.

• Like 1

So pretty much just plug my quad into the same timer that my fans are plugged into is essentially what you are saying?

that's what I've been doing, maybe Dave or someone from Coralux can chime in to verify this is ok.

So pretty much just plug my quad into the same timer that my fans are plugged into is essentially what you are saying?

You are correct. There is no ill effects at all, you are simply just turning the power off.

that's what I've been doing, maybe Dave or someone from Coralux can chime in to verify this is ok.

It is all fine. Nothing harmful at all! Heck that is how it was done for years.

• 4 months later...
nanoreefer200

I am currently running my nanobox mini from 6am-8pm. It ramps up steadily to 50 blue 30 white over 3 hours, full from 9-5 and down over 3 hours. Is this too long and not enough light? I only have a green star polyp so I don't get much feedback right now

jedimasterben

I'd keep your photoperiod 11-12 hours in total. You can vary it using your sim location, but you'll notice they don't stray very far from a total of 12 hours. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestions for channel settings? I have a IM 10 tank and a mini tide light, 2 channels with a moonlight. I'm using Key West as my simulated location and have dynamic photo periods on. Tank has live rock, no corals yet but will have polyps and LPS.

I'm looking for advice on what to set each channel to.

Thanks!

Suggestions for channel settings? I have a IM 10 tank and a mini tide light, 2 channels with a moonlight. I'm using Key West as my simulated location and have dynamic photo periods on. Tank has live rock, no corals yet but will have polyps and LPS.

I'm looking for advice on what to set each channel to.

Thanks!

Try 60% blue channel, 20% white. .5% for the moonlight.

Like Jedi said, adjust the color as you would like. I sometimes like running the light 1:1 as well!

-Dave