Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

tibbsy07 IM10

tibbsy07

If you back out of the IM 10,so with the Cadlights man. I'm sure you won't have to wait a decade to get it man. Sorry to hear about long ass wait,that sucks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you back out of the IM 10,so with the Cadlights man. I'm sure you won't have to wait a decade to get it man. Sorry to hear about long ass wait,that sucks.

Thanks. I looked at them this weekend in person (or what is basically the same tank) and the rounded corners look good, I'm just concerned with cracking glass.

Here are my options:

1. IM10 Nuvo from a different source (supposedly they put one aside for me after I spoke with IM)
  2. CadLights 8
  3. Drilled/sumped system (only if the other 2 don't work)

Now that my wife likes drilled/sumped systems after I properly explained what they were to eliminate confusion, part of me wants to go that route, but I am terrified of purchasing a nice cube and screwing it up via drilling. That and my current routine of maintenance and water changes would remain the same with an AIO. If I went dirlled/sumped cube, I'd have to go 7.5 g cube or less with a 10g sump or less in order to keep the maintenance the same. Otherwise I'd have to double up on water change amounts. I'd prefer to not have to shift too much.

Here is a picture of the newly acquired Beyonce

20140921_095037.jpg

Cousteau, the porcelain crab (white with blue spots) is very skittish and hides as soon as I get near the tank. Pictures when I can.

Anyone have any idea on this? The snails have been ALL over the base of the hammer and it's been slowly breaking away. Not sure the cause, though. Can I just trim that off when I move the coral?

20140921_095050.jpg

Beyonce needs a JayZ.....

Right? They had a few, and I may get another once I get the bigger tank. Most of the small snails have died so the CUC numbers have dwindled. The remaining snails combined with Barry and Beyonce should take care of it though.

Wait for the IM Nuvo 10 - I still have a pair of BioCube 14's running (one fresh, one reef), and I hate the rounded corners (too hard to clean!), plus my new Nuvo 10 looks great (according to the various people that have seen it walking by my office)... :)

Wait for the IM Nuvo 10 - I still have a pair of BioCube 14's running (one fresh, one reef), and I hate the rounded corners (too hard to clean!), plus my new Nuvo 10 looks great (according to the various people that have seen it walking by my office)... :)

I absolutely hate my rounded corners too!

AquariumSpecialty.com has them in stock. But I think shipping is a little more than MD,It looks to be about $24 -/+.

This was who Steve at IM told me to go to. I ordered one 2 minutes ago, already got the email. Ships today, and I'm in their 1 day region. Tech support says I should have it tomorrow.

This was who Steve at IM told me to go to. I ordered one 2 minutes ago, already got the email. Ships today, and I'm in their 1 day region. Tech support says I should have it tomorrow.

omgomgomg

That's awesome !! They seem to be the only company to have them in stock at the moment. Glad to hear man,congrats.

Thanks :) Now it's time to figure out rock work and a stand.

Ok so things are moving along. Kat suggested I build a cardboard cube in the dimensions of the display to figure out rock work. I am purchasing my rock dry from jedimasterben. He is selling me 10lbs or so of reef cleaners dry rock.

As it turns out... The shelf we bought at ikea is 4 cubes, each of which are close to the exact display dimensions. I have marked off the dimensions so I can begin to make the scape when the dry rock arrives later this week/early next week.

My neighbor, who I got into reefs, is moving up the road and unloaded a bunch of MDF board that he spray painted black with rustoleum appliance spray. I am going to use this for the siding of my stand, with some adjustments. Game plan is 45cm w x 45cm l x 81cm h, with a shelf on the bottom for the ato container, a shelf in the upper middle for supplies I use a lot, and the wires and such all inside with mounted power cords.

I prefer maple or wood grain, as does my wife, so the MDF board may just be used inside. I just need to find decent plywood or paneling that looks good when stained for not a lot of money without it looking super ghetto.

So exciting! I can't wait for your update tomorrow...

and the new story from IM is no shipment to MD until at least mid-october

I know that the order went through and they have one for me, I was literally chatting with the aquarium specialty people when I ordered it and they confirmed that hey saw the order ping and that they would ship this afternoon and I would get a confirmation email. Nothing yet. Lame.

I know that the order went through and they have one for me, I was literally chatting with the aquarium specialty people when I ordered it and they confirmed that hey saw the order ping and that they would ship this afternoon and I would get a confirmation email. Nothing yet. Lame.

I ordered mine through Marine Depot sadly, I'm hoping when I call tomorrow they will just let me upgrade to the 20L and pay the difference.

I ordered mine through Marine Depot sadly, I'm hoping when I call tomorrow they will just let me upgrade to the 20L and pay the difference.

im sure they will. The back orders aren't even charged. They are basically a waiting list.

On another note my wife and I just spent 30 minutes going over scaping of the rock. I was hoping for a bit more minimal, but she prefers a wall, as if you were diving and actually came upon a huge reef. I'm going to do a bit in the middle. More minimalistic but plenty of horizontal area for coral.

I called them today and was told the next shimpent was supposed to be here on Friday, so they are hoping it will show up any day now. I know I am on the list for my tank on the next shipment, so I am crossing my fingers!

Glad you found one in stock Tibbsy! Did MD charge your card when you ordered your tank? They charged my card immediately when I ordered my card a month ago.......

I called them today and was told the next shimpent was supposed to be here on Friday, so they are hoping it will show up any day now. I know I am on the list for my tank on the next shipment, so I am crossing my fingers!

Glad you found one in stock Tibbsy! Did MD charge your card when you ordered your tank? They charged my card immediately when I ordered my card a month ago.......

Nope. They charged the other items but not the tank. If they did, you should call them tomorrow.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 IM10

Archived