ReefCleaners.org

Kevin's Indonesian Reef

aquakevem

This is quite the build. I look forward to more pics. Very nice DIY skills, btw. Makes me want to try my hand at some acrylic fabrication.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ReefLink is totally wireless! For the first time setup you plug the USB from the ReefLink to your laptop. After that the only cable is the power plug!

I'll have to consider getting one in the near future.

Too bad Ecotech Marine hasn't offered any development for a Radion to be controlled by a GHL ProfiLux Computer, though. I have control over VorTech Pumps by a GHL VorTech controller.. I guess i can view it as a redundancy advantage(For now) if my GHL computer goes down.

This is the most intense thread ever I started on page one and chewed all my nails off lol waiting for pics can't wait to see

Ha! I guess you're gonna be at your nails for awhile cause i've got more :lol: !!!

This is quite the build. I look forward to more pics. Very nice DIY skills, btw. Makes me want to try my hand at some acrylic fabrication.

Go for it. Let me know if you need help with sourcing tools and such. I'm still learning as i go but i find myself creating something more complex than before.

Progress 0.50- Testing the strength of the Vertex Aquaristik magnet before i finish the fan tray.

• Side note.. I may need a stronger magnet or should i say multiple magnets to give me peace of mind(Accidents happen in the sump area..)

item.JPG?rot=0

Shot with an iPad Air 2

Snapshot- The perfectionist in me couldn't stand the bulkiness of the original ATO mount for my Avast Marine pressure switch. So i decided to minimize the overall size of the mount by fabricating my own with a GHL sensor holder. The pressure switch attached to a compression fitting allows me to slide the pressure switch upward/downward of the acrylic rod to an appropriate level. I can also add a number of other sensors in the future, say.. Preforming small automatic water changes.

item.JPG?rot=0

Snapshot- The perfectionist in me couldn't stand the bulkiness of the original ATO mount for my Avast Marine pressure switch. So i decided to minimize the overall size of the mount by fabricating my own with a GHL sensor holder. The pressure switch attached to a compression fitting allows me to slide the pressure switch upward/downward of the acrylic rod to an appropriate level. I can also add a number of other sensors in the future, say.. Preforming small automatic water changes.

item.JPG?rot=0

Cool idea. Love the DIY in here.

Gonna be up late clearing out my basement to house my quarantine tank/fish room.

Also adding a booster pump, DI bypass(Drinking RO water) to prevent TDS creep from entering my DI filter. Even though my TDS levels aren't that high... 160-/+.

item.JPG?rot=1

Shot with an iPad Air 2

great pics, clean setup

Thanks!

This is far from my dream tank but a clean and sophisticated system is my goal - can't rush it

Making a few modifications to my stand/sump area.

Picked up a 1st gen Motorola G for my aquarium apps.

item.JPG?rot=0

The tank has a smart phone! What is it used it for?

The tank has a smart phone! What is it used it for?

My initial reason for a smartphone was to monitor and control(Manual override) my GHL Doser 2 and GHL ProfiLux Controller without logging into a PC.

Dosing vessels are currently empty and Doser is not programmed.

item.JPG?rot=1

But.. Most of the equipment on my system can be controlled by an App.

I also use it to set Reminders and Alarms(Admitting that i can be forgetful) <_<

Finally getting around to programming my GHL Aquarium Controller before it's secured to my stand.

item.JPG?rot=1

Matter a fact.. I'm going to install two expansion cards next week.

2 +4 Level Sensor Interface

This will allow me to add (4)four more level sensors to my GHL controller.

level5.png

Image by GHLhttps://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/products-shop/expansion-cards/interfaces-level/plm-4level-detail

Humidity-Temp Interface

Figured i'd get this to monitor/control air temperature to go along with water temperature control.

plm-humidity-temp-1000_b.png

Image by GHL https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/products-shop/expansion-cards/combined-cards/plm-humidity-temp-detail

Air Temp - Humidity Sensor

Quite obvious why i need this..

humiditytempsensor-1000_b7.png

Image by GHL https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-GB/products-shop/probes/temp-humidity/humidity-temp-sensor-detail

It's more like a computer!

Installing 1(One) of 2(Two) expansion cards to my GHL ProfiLux Conroller

Plug & Play

• Module 1 Slot - Humidity/Air Temp
  • Module 2 Slot - 4 Level Input (not shown)

item.JPG?rot=0

Now, Air Temperature and Humidity can be monitored/controlled apart from Water Temperature.

item.JPG?rot=0

Regarding function for adding (4)four more level sensor inputs to my system.

1. High Sensor_Overflow Box_Disable Return Pump_Water Level in Display Tank is too high, Possible fault from drain line.
  2. Low Sensor_Sump Return Pump Chamber_Disable Return Pump_Water Level in Return Pump Chamber is at lower Sensor, AWC(Automatic Water Change) has reached Lower Sensor ---> Activate_Fill Pump.
  3. High Sensor_Skimmer Cup_Disable Skimmer Pump_Skimmer Collection Cup is Full, Possible Overflowing of Skimmer.
  4. Blank* So Far_

:wizard:

Comments:
    The GHL Doser 2 functions as ATO(Auto Top Off) and AWC(Automatic Water Change) by a "Single Sensor", AWC is configured via programming to only Drain when there is a **Scheduled** AWC. The ATO Function Continues thereafter. I can also add a Second Sensor to my Doser 2 if needed.

The GHL ProfiLux 3.1T Controller from the Factory comes with a Level Input, but i use this Input for Leak Detectors.

Fan trays look fantastic. The only thing I would change myself seeing as you aren't holding the fans in with screws would be to get a 120mm silicon fan 'silencer' to go between the fan and the acrylic holder. You can get these for a few $$ on eBay and will eliminate and vibration being passed fro the fan to the holder. I'm pretty sure the Noctua fans have in built vibration dampening on the mounting points but they won't be very useful if the fan isn't attached with screws.

That GHL controller is pretty amazing with the humidity sensors etc. Out of curiosity I looked up how much they cost locally and almost died lol.

Fan trays look fantastic. The only thing I would change myself seeing as you aren't holding the fans in with screws would be to get a 120mm silicon fan 'silencer' to go between the fan and the acrylic holder. You can get these for a few $$ on eBay and will eliminate and vibration being passed fro the fan to the holder. I'm pretty sure the Noctua fans have in built vibration dampening on the mounting points but they won't be very useful if the fan isn't attached with screws.

That GHL controller is pretty amazing with the humidity sensors etc. Out of curiosity I looked up how much they cost locally and almost died lol.

You know there is a slight vibration even with the silicone pads supplied with the fans. I'll have to consider getting nylon bolts to secure the fan down to the tray. I like how your cooling fans are setup BTW.

The ProfiLux and its air temp/humidity control is pretty cool. I may just have it monitor my room temp for now. but I've seen people control their central air conditioner with it too - Amazing

You know there is a slight vibration even with the silicone pads supplied with the fans. I'll have to consider getting nylon bolts to secure the fan down to the tray. I like how your cooling fans are setup BTW.

The ProfiLux and its air temp/humidity control is pretty cool. I may just have it monitor my room temp for now. but I've seen people control their central air conditioner with it too - Amazing

You can either get nylon bolts or they do sell silicon ones like this:

http://www.pitcrewcomputers.com/image/cache/data/products/accessories/hardware/srfm-500x500.jpg

These just pull through the fan mount and do a good job at keeping the fan in place without you having to worry about rust etc. from bolts. And thanks, the fans aren't something I'll use a whole lot but I'd rather have them in there in case I need them. I am planning on eventually having them connected to a DIY heater controller so that they will turn on automatically if the water temp gets too hot.

Wow, I couldn't imagine having something like that controlling my AC, that is really cool. It's amazing what you can do now in terms of semi or full automation.

I had interest in fabricating my own ATO reservoir, but a 10gallon Tamco tank will do. I trust that this will look more appropriate in my living space.

Tank arrives tomorrow!

Archived