Top Shelf Aquatics

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

michaelrzachmann

this is one of favorite tanks and scaped tanks on nano. Already looks good and will look incredible when it grows out which by the looks of what growth you have been getting wont be too long. Nice work

• Like 1

this is one of favorite tanks and scaped tanks on nano. Already looks good and will look incredible when it grows out which by the looks of what growth you have been getting wont be too long. Nice work

Thanks for the kind words! Lots of work and planning went into the tank so I am pretty proud of how far it has come.

Will the frag systems be triton? If so, how do corals do switching from triton to non-triton?

The "frag tank" is attached to the display and uses the same water, so yes that is Triton. The large farm system is a seperate system but also running Triton. Our guarantine tank is not Triton. The quarantine system is a bit rough on corals as it is more unstable and I always notice that when I transfer corals from it to the main farm system they immediately do extremely better. Trying to work on ways to improve the QT tank's stability but it seems the hardware I have chosen isn't the most reliable.

About switching from triton to not-triton, I don't think it would be an issue. Triton tries to mimic natural sea water levels so long as the "destination" parameters are where they should be it should be fine.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Frags in the frag tank are looking incredible lately... can't wait to have these big enough to frag and sell.

WWC Grafted Cap

qHY5pGk.jpg

Microclados colony I sold right after posting it lol

lab46Oj.jpg

JF Terra Nova

l31w8q6.jpg

Tyree War & Peace Favia

zrTlyfP.jpg

JF Ice Berg Acro

ZjXMtpz.jpg

UC Pikachu (on the site!)

A0PyZT4.jpg

Rommel's Watermelon

P1JVdqk.jpg

Unknown - Likely exactly the same as Bali Shortcake

8nNyvFN.jpg

Vivid's Fire Garden

v2CBHg2.jpg

UC Rainbow Dragon (on the site!)

5Qvpda1.jpg

Crazy pink milli i've been growing for a while

2TDZPFK.jpg

• Like 5

Gotta love Triton data B)

You can see lithium and magnesium slowly dropping after months ago I did some Tech-M dosing to kill Bryopsis (Lithium is the special sauce in Tech-M that kill Bryopsis btw). Also calcium is pretty high because my doser flipped out. Pretty cool to see consumption rates of different elements change in the tank depending on how my coral load changes.

cujgYyV.png

• Like 1

Woah I've never seen a yellow/red WWC grafted cap, I've just seen (and bought) the red and green. Sign me up! Haha

The white balance is a little odd in that corner of the tank. No LEDs reach there so my normal WB settings in RawTherapee make for some oddness. It's very much red + green.

Long term I'll be switching to an ATI fixture on this frag tank so photos are easier ;)

The white balance is a little odd in that corner of the tank. No LEDs reach there so my normal WB settings in RawTherapee make for some oddness. It's very much red + green.

Long term I'll be switching to an ATI fixture on this frag tank so photos are easier ;)

Oh, amazing graft though. I've been struggling to keep the green in mine after a minor bleaching

This is what it looked like in May when I got it from a JF livesale :D It's just been doin' its thing since. Right before I took that pic I mounted it to the tile as its been growing out straight off the plug for a long time.

U1L7Pq7.png

• Like 1

This is what it looked like in May when I got it from a JF livesale :D It's just been doin' its thing since. Right before I took that pic I mounted it to the tile as its been growing out straight off the plug for a long time.

U1L7Pq7.png

Is it playing or encrusting?

Here's mine... Colors aren't nearly as nice!

005785A5-C683-42DB-9AD8-B20E9DEF304A_zps

Plating at the moment. Could be due to not having much to attach to (except mostly open egg crate). We shall see what it does on the tile.