Pod Your Reef

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

Impressive growth and also great colors and PE. Also great work documenting the progress. I don't think anyone can challenge the effectiveness of the triton system. Def going triton on my next tank.

• Like 1

Wow. What an amazing system. I saw the thread when you were first setting up; the while system has come a long way. This is probably the best Triton setup out there.

I went through the thread but didn't catch:

Are you just using the Base Elementz or are you also using the individual elements as well.

I'd also be greatful for a recent photo of the Refugium.

• Like 1

Wow. What an amazing system. I saw the thread when you were first setting up; the while system has come a long way. This is probably the best Triton setup out there.

I went through the thread but didn't catch:

Are you just using the Base Elementz or are you also using the individual elements as well.

I'd also be greatful for a recent photo of the Refugium.

I recently switched to Core7 Base Elements. Manually dosing Iodine, Vanadium, Manganese, and Zinc each week. Correcting Strontium/Potassium every 6-8 weeks (based on test).

The refugium looks the same except packed with cheato. I dont have a recent photo (not near it right now) but I do have a recent photo of the fuge on my new raceway :D

5haPSoM.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

This is kind of a crummy picture, but it's been a long time since I updated the FTS. I have removed over half the sand (may remove more), and tons of frags/chunks cut off stuff in the past 6months, so comparing growth isn't really the true picture now. The upside is that for many of these corals I now have redundant colonies in 2-3 systems.

F9KyVCB.jpg

• Like 8
16 hours ago, lilmatty5dimes said:

Wow!!! Look at those zoa colonies. 

The Buttmuncher zoas have decided they are actually pocillipora and like to bail out polyps, which randomly appear in other spots on the tank. Not super annoying yet, but could be if they landed in an acro colony haha. These big polyp zoas tend to piss off the acros when they get close, but they don't overtake them.

gone_PHiSHin

yes i was just about to comment on seeing so many old, mature colonies. 

incredible tank!  i don't believe i've ever viewed this thread, time to read through it all!

• Like 2
On 4/10/2017 at 9:13 PM, Rehype said:

Amazing job..whats your lighting schedule/bulb combo?

2 Blue+

1 Coral+

1 Actinic

+ The LEDs in the Powermodule

Heres a shot of the lighting schedule, the yellow and orange are the T5 channels:

utvP8A4.png

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 11/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, Capital J said:

How’s the tank doing?  Any recent pics?

I believe he stopped selling corals but still has the systems running. Last I talked to him on Facebook ~ 3-4 months ago.