sangheili

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

very nice. I really like your sps collections. great job.

• Like 1

Impressive growth and also great colors and PE. Also great work documenting the progress. I don't think anyone can challenge the effectiveness of the triton system. Def going triton on my next tank.

• Like 1

Your could give WWC a run for there money in a few years if you keep it up!

-Dave

• Like 3

Wow. What an amazing system. I saw the thread when you were first setting up; the while system has come a long way. This is probably the best Triton setup out there.

I went through the thread but didn't catch:

Are you just using the Base Elementz or are you also using the individual elements as well.

I'd also be greatful for a recent photo of the Refugium.

• Like 1

Wow. What an amazing system. I saw the thread when you were first setting up; the while system has come a long way. This is probably the best Triton setup out there.

I went through the thread but didn't catch:

Are you just using the Base Elementz or are you also using the individual elements as well.

I'd also be greatful for a recent photo of the Refugium.

I recently switched to Core7 Base Elements. Manually dosing Iodine, Vanadium, Manganese, and Zinc each week. Correcting Strontium/Potassium every 6-8 weeks (based on test).

The refugium looks the same except packed with cheato. I dont have a recent photo (not near it right now) but I do have a recent photo of the fuge on my new raceway :D

5haPSoM.jpg

• Like 4

Amazing stuff. Your system is easily the best triton system out there in terms of colour on the spa corals. Awesome work.

• Like 1

This is kind of a crummy picture, but it's been a long time since I updated the FTS. I have removed over half the sand (may remove more), and tons of frags/chunks cut off stuff in the past 6months, so comparing growth isn't really the true picture now. The upside is that for many of these corals I now have redundant colonies in 2-3 systems.

F9KyVCB.jpg

• Like 8

WOW looking very good!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lilmatty5dimes said:

Wow!!! Look at those zoa colonies. 

The Buttmuncher zoas have decided they are actually pocillipora and like to bail out polyps, which randomly appear in other spots on the tank. Not super annoying yet, but could be if they landed in an acro colony haha. These big polyp zoas tend to piss off the acros when they get close, but they don't overtake them.

A little update for you guys and gals...

jvERS63.jpg

u3zIN8x.jpg

USFYiXW.jpg

tHRngJ9.jpg

L8bdbkg.jpg

zxKsf7N.jpg

aT2kx6l.jpg

NTW3BP3.jpg

• Like 10

Amazing job..whats your lighting schedule/bulb combo?

• Like 1

Beautiful! It's really nice to see so many large well established coral colonies. And they all seem to fit together very well. 

• Like 2

yes i was just about to comment on seeing so many old, mature colonies. 

incredible tank!  i don't believe i've ever viewed this thread, time to read through it all!

• Like 2

On 4/10/2017 at 9:13 PM, Rehype said:

Amazing job..whats your lighting schedule/bulb combo?

2 Blue+

1 Coral+

1 Actinic

+ The LEDs in the Powermodule

Heres a shot of the lighting schedule, the yellow and orange are the T5 channels:

utvP8A4.png

• Like 2

On 11/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, Capital J said:

How’s the tank doing?  Any recent pics?

I believe he stopped selling corals but still has the systems running. Last I talked to him on Facebook ~ 3-4 months ago. 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions