inTank Media Baskets

Sangheili/House of Sticks Triton Powered Display System & Fish Room

sangheili

What kind of tile are those?

The ones in this tank are 3" square ceramic tiles from Alternative Reef. The ones in my raceway are 4 and 6" tumbled travertine tile from Home Depot. The travertine has a lot more thickness and weight.

• Like 1

Some recent tank changes,

Switched from a full size media reactor (Avast) to a BRS reactor. I think the canister style will make changing out GFO much easier (its my most hated maintenance item). Also I am no longer sticking carbon in a reactor but rather in a bag in the sump.

684zWAX.jpg

Switched from 10 liter to 20 liter semi-clear buckets for the Triton elements storage. This means I only need to refill my dosing containers every 50ish days instead of 25ish. The acros in this system suck this stuff down like no ones business.

blvbVoP.jpg

6XvvO02.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Some RoyalBlue LED-only shots. Sorry for the blurryness, less white light = longer exposure on the camera. Recently changed the T5 bulbs so they are on straight on-off not dimming until they break in. So some at night its LED only ;)

UC Bali Shortcake

x15WmDY.jpg

AjCuvb2.jpg

JF Fox Flame

JrGwykl.jpg

AquaSD Rainbow Milli

anQgTz2.jpg

HoS Nukacola Green Caroliniana

woNop7U.jpg

Coolers Turaki

LpXEpBV.jpg

Gold Torch!

EkkqrD1.jpg

Ricordia Garden

bStEM1F.jpg

• Like 7

Some recent tank changes,

Switched from a full size media reactor (Avast) to a BRS reactor. I think the canister style will make changing out GFO much easier (its my most hated maintenance item). Also I am no longer sticking carbon in a reactor but rather in a bag in the sump.

Why the switch from carbon in a reactor, to just using a bag in the sump?

One less piece of equipment I guess. If the flow through the sump is good and you have the space there is no reason why carbon couldn't be run in a bag. I've never had an issue with the bag method myself, I only changed to a reactor when I started to run out of space.

• Like 2

Hatred for the process of removing, emptying, cleaning, refilling, rinsing, and placing back the reactor.

Bag is more or less effective and 1/10th the hassle.

• Like 2

So this is what happens when you put an Aussie Blue Squamosa directly under 400w halides for 3 months... shell growth. Shell growth by the truckload. Pretty sure thats 1" of growth in 3 months.

Just moved this bad boy to the display...

vHkkpRr.jpg

I dont know but its sexy AF.

And it's also nearly twice that size now.

UQ9VeQ5.jpg

• Like 6

FTS 11/22/2015

JleNFna.jpg

qcBSvOj.jpg

tv5Y8G5.jpg

Cflekoh.jpg

HJuCbv2.jpg

xSVFsic.jpg

tsQTg4w.jpg

mBT91YM.jpg

wt6lRPI.jpg

ns1Eun4.jpg

sBqbdTb.jpg

Tm3ArDi.jpg

nNtoSu1.jpg

t4ldyVC.jpg

H3F9Wew.jpg

pRX1oDi.jpg

BXxWGhK.jpg

krgl0cR.jpg

b9BJ1yC.jpg

PE4XlNi.jpg

vA7pCYX.jpg

qts1YzV.jpg

A little bit of cyano since starting up Acropower again, we shall see how it goes. Tank is running like a well oiled machine.

• Like 8

​how much flow and light you have that acro in? might have to try one like that

Without checking with PAR meter, I believe around 350PAR. Fairly good flow, my Gyre keeps all the tank moving pretty much. Nothing is blowing directly on it.

• Like 1

Another super fast grower...

yxeaSkW.jpg

That growth is pretty awesome, I know you're using Triton are you by chance using any type of other addins such as amino's or acropower?