Cultivated Reef

Fluval Spec 3 Reef (WARRNING PICTURE HEAVY)

saltwatercoral

Cencalfishguy56

I have been battling the good ole aiptasia in my little Fluval Spec tank... Its a losing battle due to my tank having 24 different frags of coral in 2gallon worth of real-estate. So these pesky aiptasia are coming out of holes and cracks in the rock or under different frag pugs or disks. This being said they are starting to take over and is pissing me off. I just ordered the best weapon against these aptasia.....

Drum roll please.....

I have ordered 4 Berghia Nudibranch's! These are a little on the pricy side but they will hunt these little suckers down and take them out (hopefully) fingerscrossed

They will be here tomorrow!

I used peppermint shrimp and it worked like a charm

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral

I used peppermint shrimp and it worked like a charm

When I get in tomorrow morning I will see how things are going! I may ad some peppermint shrimp!

I bought 6 for my 34g and it was 3 wks before I noticed a change. I've never seen them during the day so I'm assuming they're still doing their thing, I just have to be patient. So I'm hoping it'll continue to be gradual. Some are getting awfully big though. It's annoying as heck.

• 3 weeks later...
saltwatercoral

Can't wait for the Aqua Illumination Prime to come! Just got word yesterday that they are now shipping!

post-56186-0-90620200-1426335610_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
saltwatercoral

Time has come to......................................................................

UPGRADE!!!!!!!

I am now wanting a bit more space, so I will be upgrading to a Innovative Marine Fusion 10 and putting the AI Prime on it along with the Ghost Protein Skimmer. I also grabbed a pair of mated Premium Snowflake Clowns! Already have on in the tank that I got last week and the other come to find out the fish store still has so I put a hold on this little guy so they can be back together again! I’ll start a new thread once I get the tank and get it going. I might take the Fluvial Spec 3 and convert it to a fresh water glow fish tank for my little girl and have them next to each other… Still thinking about that one…

Upgrades are always fun!!!! And so many uses for the smaller tanks whether salt or fresh, or pest tanks or species tanks, or sick tank or quarantine.

• 4 months later...

Your tank is perfect for what i am looking to recreate! I need a tank at work to help keep my blood pressure down lol. I have been told this size reef tank will not work but the naysayers can take a hike! Thanks for the inspiration!

• 10 months later...
nancymatthews

I know this is an old thread. Wanted to see your setup. Looks great. You may not have this tank anymore.

In case you didn't know. That pic you took of that little white starfish on your glass. It's bad. ASTERINA starfish will eat ZOA's. I've seen one eat one of my ZOA's. When I find them in my tank, I throw them away.

Archived