Cultivated Reef

NanoDiver's IM 20 gallon Fusion(yes it's got an external sump)

NanoDiver

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All three should be fine only thing, get the fire fish first if not the clowns will torture it they are territorial

Thanks for the advice! Your not the first person who I've seen say that, so I will definately do that. Should I get the goby first as well?

Your getting a goby? Did I mist that. A firefish and a goby may clash do to their similar body shapes however I wouldn't worry about it. What kind of goby though. I'd do goby firefish clowns

I got a tiger pistol to go with my Randalls Goby for my 8g

I'll have to check that shrimp out, I was looking at the Randall's goby but I think I'm going to go with the yasha

man that is a really cool setup. cant wait to see it mature

Thanks! It's my first saltwater tank but I've been into freshwater my entire life I bred Cichlids for a while but lost intrest. It just wasn't enough for me. I started scuba diving about 6 years ago and got intrested in the reef. Been to some awesome places and loved it. So now I'm trying to recreate a little piece of the reef. I've been doing research for about two years and have read too many saltwater books to count. So I finally got into the financial situation to do it and decided to get my hands wet!

I plan on using my dual Skyylight for a fuge later on. It might defeat the purpose of an aio but I feel like the extra water volume and filtration would be nice.

So my light that was lost in the mail finally showed up. Looks like I'll be returning the Radion I bought! Also I've been working on an external sump/refugium. It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it should work. I picked up some miracle mud and added Cheto to my livestock order with vivid aquariums. It my take a while to get it though because they could no get a Yasha goby in.

So I'm going to try and use the stock pump for my fusion 20 which is rated at 211 gallons per hour for my sump. The turnover rate might not be good enough. From what I've gathered it should be around 300gph but since it's just for the refugium and maybe the minimax I'm hoping it will do well and at least be fine for the Cheato I'll have. I've got some miracle mud too! I wish I had a slick camera to take pictures with.but I'm not trying to spend money on that. Maybe in the future! Anyone have any input on the flow rate issue?

post-85119-0-33199800-1410506105_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I have a 20 and the pump seems REALLY weak. It's the same pump they use in the Nuvo 16 (even says so on the unit). I can't really discern water movement at all, and I'm getting a film build-up on the water surface. I'm going to try a maxi-jet 1200.

Yea I have the maxijet 1200 on my returns already I was just going to try and use it for my external refugium. The maxijet seems to be doing well.

She's still getting adjusted to the tank and not fully extended yet. But I hear GSP spread like crazy so I'm leaving it on this rock on my sand bed.8A8B60F3-D4D8-4A4F-8FFE-679084138D1E_zps

Yes 60 degree optics

Media baskets and tunze nano came in today!

Intank vs stock media baskets

Just curious, but what will place in the inTank media baskets?

Archived