Top Shelf Aquatics

Jebao RW-4

rocksmom

I'm interested in Jebao RW4 as secondary pump to make some wave for few hours every day

Can i use it at lower level on 15G tank or i will overflow?

I read on Jebao website that this pump has 10w power consumption, for electronic pump usually there is a range from min to max power consumption, I was wondering if this pump like economic dimer just burn exceed power and always run at 10w

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would a RW-4 be good enough for a 20 gallon tall?

I used two RW-4's in my 20 tall for almost a year. Had them connected and running on pulse. Now I run just one RW-4 and it's plenty. I put the other RW-4 in my new JBJ 30 and added the optional AquaLink S1 for more control. If i could recommend anything, get the rw-4 WITH the S1 controller. You cannot go wrong.

I'd also like to note that between my two RW-4's, one of them is stronger than the other. When buying Jebao, it's a convenient price without the quality control and customer support. However, that said, i'll never buy an over priced american made product.

I would give anything to support american made products, but they aren't fooling me with this 600% mark up for quality and customer support. Stuff breaks and that's just how things work. Same goes with LED lighting.

mickeyc1195

I used two RW-4's in my 20 tall for almost a year. Had them connected and running on pulse. Now I run just one RW-4 and it's plenty. I put the other RW-4 in my new JBJ 30 and added the optional AquaLink S1 for more control. If i could recommend anything, get the rw-4 WITH the S1 controller. You cannot go wrong.

I'd also like to note that between my two RW-4's, one of them is stronger than the other. When buying Jebao, it's a convenient price without the quality control and customer support. However, that said, i'll never buy an over priced american made product.

I would give anything to support american made products, but they aren't fooling me with this 600% mark up for quality and customer support. Stuff breaks and that's just how things work. Same goes with LED lighting.

This is my last question would the rw4 waves affect a hydor ATO? Like if the waves are slightly stronger and the surface of the water moves can it mess with the sensors on the ATO?

This is my last question would the rw4 waves affect a hydor ATO? Like if the waves are slightly stronger and the surface of the water moves can it mess with the sensors on the ATO?

Waves can affect the sensor. If there is a slight wet or temp difference on the sensor, it will beep. I had that same hydor smart level positioned behind the aquamaxx hob-1 intake pipe and next to the foam bubble stopper. It had a decent low flow spot there for the sensor.

• 3 weeks later...

The lights show what speed the pump is running, the knob is the speed control for the propeller ramping up and down. For instance if you want the pump pulsing really fast, turn the knob way up, want it pulse slow, turn it down. On else mode I believe the knob determines how fast or slow the pump will cycle through the different modes. Friends of mine and myself have used these pumps in many tanks. For the price, cant beat them. And in my opinion are pretty decent quality.

it is not supposed to

• 6 months later...

Love the rw4.. Especially when u have 2.. Master and slave.. It's synchronization is wonderful.. Wireless connection with each control.. Play around with the function.. Good and cheap wavemaker

Archived