Top Shelf Aquatics

Jebao RW-4

rocksmom

So I'm either crazy or had it in a different mode when I was setting it up yesterday. After reading what acrab posted and then the manual I went and played with controller some more. It really does look like neither the speed button nor knob does anything in else mode. I guess this goes along with what the manual says:

Else: Random Mode

One of more pumps can operate at the same time. It is a random mode as the power of pump is changing to a random data all the time without regulation.

I read that as meaning you have no control over it, right?

But then under the the knob section it says this:

Knob: Rotate the knob... to adjust the flow speed in W2 and ELSE mode...

Which is contradictory. And wrong from the looks of it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few of you mentioned it's dead silent. Was it quiet right of the batt or did it get quieter over a few weeks?

I just installed one yesterday and it' has a decently loud hum. Atleast compared to the previous koralia nano

A few of you mentioned it's dead silent. Was it quiet right of the batt or did it get quieter over a few weeks?

I just installed one yesterday and it' has a decently loud hum. Atleast compared to the previous koralia nano

I say return it, my rw8 was dead silent from the beginning

Mine is definitely audible at higher speeds, although not enough to bother me.

Deleted User 8

I have two, one is silent and the other makes a little noise when the speed ramps up or down. It is getting less noticeable though. Other than that they seem to be working fine.

Buzz

Deleted User 8

Well, one of mine just failed. I noticed the impeller wasn't spinning and the control box was dark. I tracked it down to the pump head itself. Whenever I plug it into either controller it causes the controller to go dark. Odd, because there isn't much to go wrong with the pump head. I disasembled both the control and the head and all seem fine.

Amazon is picking it up on Monday. I probably will replace with another, when working they are great and it's only $55.

Buzz

I have been looking at getting one for my 10 gallon which is 15x15x10 and I am having trouble figuring out if this would be to much or if I should just go with a korilia 240. The tank has a AC20 on it now and nothing else for flow.

Deleted User 8

I think it might be too much. You would have to be careful where you placed it and you definitely could not run it full power. Else mode would be out.

Other than that it would work great, but you will need to watch it or you will slosh water out the tank.

Buzz

I think it might be too much. You would have to be careful where you placed it and you definitely could not run it full power. Else mode would be out.

Other than that it would work great, but you will need to watch it or you will slosh water out the tank.

Buzz

I am looking at either the RW-4 or the WP-10 for my IM Fusion 10 tank. Any idea which would be better. I realy like th RW-4 but am concerned based on the above listed coment. I am also not sure how the size compares.

Paandemonium

I am looking at either the RW-4 or the WP-10 for my IM Fusion 10 tank. Any idea which would be better. I realy like th RW-4 but am concerned based on the above listed coment. I am also not sure how the size compares.

It's a lot more controllable and better looking than the wp-10. If you put it in the back of the tank facing the other end (length wise) it should be fine

At its lowest setting

It's a lot more controllable and better looking than the wp-10. If you put it in the back of the tank facing the other end (length wise) it should be fine At its lowest setting

Do you know how the two compare in size?

I tried the WP-10 in my 15G. WAAAAAAYYY too much flow. Haven't tried the RW-4

That's crazy, I use a WP-10 in my 10 gallon and it's perfect.

Paandemonium

Do you know how the two compare in size?

The rw looks a little more like an ecotech pump and the other a tunze. It's basically the same size but the flow is different, less concentrated imo. I'll ask one of my clients but he figured out that one of the waves brings down the power significantly which may be something you're interested in

oh hmmm maybe it was the wp-25?

I put the biggest one they sell on one of the 8 foot troughs at work and it was too much power, had water all over the wall lol.... These little things are hella strong

yeah, I hooked it up to a dimmer, which would bring it down to about 50% before it would shut off, but it was still too powerful. Sold it to a guy with a bigger tank

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hopeful and watching for a price decrease on the MP10, but if that doesn't happen anytime soon I'm planning to get a single RW-8 for my 40br at some point. Initially I was thinking 2 RW-4's, but the 8 only costs like $13 more than the 4 on Amazon so I'll save the $45 or so...

Through my research though it seems that these are great pumps as long as you keep up with the maintenance, and it doesn't hurt if you're comfortable with troubleshooting them and possibly working on them when they blip up.

Does anyone know if the RW-4 can be controlled with an Apex Jr? Would I be able to reduce the power with the Apex, more than the included controller, if necessary?

Yes, but you would need to add the VDM module. It would allow you to control 4 devices (lights, pumps etc.) That's what I did with my 2 MP-10s. All the Jabeo wavemakers use the same cable. I have different modes for day and night, and feeding.

This was one of the best upgrades I did for my tank (28G).

Just got to say these little RW-4s are pretty amazing for the price you pay ($110 for two). Completely silent as well which is a big plus. I actually like using the C mode (shift to flow mode) and its nice that you can have each pump at different flow speed/timing. I do have to agree with others that else mode was not what I had hoped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
gulfsurfer101

So now that these little pumps have been out for a little while now, my one question is which one of the jeabo pumps, rw or wp series is best suited for a standard ten gallon? I've used both wp25 and rw8 in my 75g and they both perform very well in my larger tank but getting back to my roots I need help in deciding which one to go with in a smaller full mixed reef tank.

Archived