SaltCritters.com

Boo's LPS lagoon. Now with video!

ReeferBoo

awwww yeaaa

:lol:B)

Tank looks great. Those are some really nice Zoas you have.

Thank you..I'm thinking of upgrading to a shallow cube, and copying your build lol :lol:

What a stunning build! Did you buy some fairly mature colonies to get this thing jump-started? It looks like it has matured really quickly. I'll have to get your advice from time to time as I'm starting my first reef build.

Oh, one more question: What spectrum are your LEDs laid out in? I like that your tank isn't too blue but still has some serious pop. Great job.

• Like 1

ReeferBoo I :wub: your little reef!

Thank you :D. You have an amazing coral collection!

What a stunning build! Did you buy some fairly mature colonies to get this thing jump-started? It looks like it has matured really quickly. I'll have to get your advice from time to time as I'm starting my first reef build.

Oh, one more question: What spectrum are your LEDs laid out in? I like that your tank isn't too blue but still has some serious pop. Great job.

Cheers! most of the corals in this tank actually started as frags, even the euphyllias.

Sure thing, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

The LEDs are 12 cool whites + 4 true violet + 8 royal blue with the blues and violets at around 60% and whites at 70% power

• Like 2

Can't believe I didn't see your build until now. Your latest FTS aquascape is absolutely beautiful and well done! I love it when tank is done right like this.

• Like 1

Beautiful tank and pics, congrats!

Thank you Lani! those are some sweet pics in your thread too :)

Can't believe I didn't see your build until now. Your latest FTS aquascape is absolutely beautiful and well done! I love it when tank is done right like this.

Thank you very much! I just wanted to create an aquascape that makes the tank appear bigger than it really is while making the most of the limited space. :happy:

• Like 1

Hot damn,this is a swift set up you've got going on. I love the brightness the cool whites give,whew.

Thanks! In hindsight I should have added a few neutral whites to give it a slightly warmer tone but this will do for now

Sweet setup. Love that leather

Thank you. I like it too, it's one of the oldest corals in the tank.

Shoot,as long as everything is looking good and growing,I wouldn't bother. I know warm/neutral whites help with a more full spectrum,but I cannot stand the "yellowish" tone they put out. I was going to add lime to my array for a more bright light,but I think I might add 1-2 cool whites for a more bright and "white" look and help my warm/neutrals.

So what's the schedule,dosing,water change routine on this beast ?

Shoot,as long as everything is looking good and growing,I wouldn't bother. I know warm/neutral whites help with a more full spectrum,but I cannot stand the "yellowish" tone they put out. I was going to add lime to my array for a more bright light,but I think I might add 1-2 cool whites for a more bright and "white" look and help my warm/neutrals.

So what's the schedule,dosing,water change routine on this beast ?

Yup, that's why I opted for cool whites instead, but I should have added 1 or 2 neutral whites to balance out the blues a bit more. Cool, looking forward to your light change, I'm sure it'll make you corals pop even more.

Weekly water changes of around 5-10%, no dosing :D

You'll find that cool whites are completely unnecessary to 'brighten' up an array when using lime. No white LED that exists today can match lime.

• Like 1