Pod Your Reef

Boo's LPS lagoon. Now with video!

ReeferBoo

Thank you very much Yoshi :D

I see, I love how it almost looks like a chalice. I wonder if these are actually grafted together or if they're the sort that have the green pigment "mutation/infection".

from my understanding they are grafted together ?
  • Like 1

Oh ok, either way, still very cool looking corals

Ya, they are different. I've seen them try it with a few smooth skin acros too but I don't think it's so prevalent yet. Could be some designer corals coming soon

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

April 2016 update!

The tank has been ticking along nicely, no major changes over the past few months aside from the GFO reactor that I've recently added.

I've been playing around with the Radion's settings and settled on the AB+ schedule, this makes photography a bit tricky because it's slightly bluer (18k) than the setting that I usually use.

Enjoy!

04-19%20top%20down%2045%20right%20800x60

04-16%20top%20down%20right2%20800x566_zp

04-16%20top%20down%2045%20left%20800x646

And since I've been slow on the updates lately, here's 3 different FTSs for you guys

04-16%20FTS2%20800x551_zpsbicr1gdq.jpg

04-16%20top%20down%20fts%20800x615_zpscf

04-16%20FES%20605x800_zpsv38wztns.jpg

• Like 13

Holy cow, it's looking out of this world :bowdown:

1. I'm glad your tank didn't succumb to the post-TOTM hangover syndrome :)

2. It doesn't appear the bluer lighting did anything whatsoever to prevent the pictures from turning out. Keep it up!

• Like 3

Whoa! This tank is stunning! Looks even better than before it won TOTM.

Is that shallow cube a custom build? Can't recall any pre-made ones just like it.

• Like 2

Man! That thing is full already!

Haha! It sure looks full, but I'm planning to cover the entire bottom with more LPS :D

Holy cow, it's looking out of this world :bowdown:

1. I'm glad your tank didn't succumb to the post-TOTM hangover syndrome :)

2. It doesn't appear the bluer lighting did anything whatsoever to prevent the pictures from turning out. Keep it up!

Cheers mate! Yeah things started to get a bit busier after the TOTM but I don't think I can ever let go of this hobby :D

Whoa! This tank is stunning! Looks even better than before it won TOTM.

Is that shallow cube a custom build? Can't recall any pre-made ones just like it.

Thank you J-Ranko :D Yes, it is a custom made tank.

• Like 1

Everything looks terrific reeferboo! So much fluffy, colorful health. How old is this tank now?

Thank you very much! This tank is fairly new, just about 7 months since the upgrade but most of the livestock have been with me for 2 years.

I love the green tipped birdsnest.

Yeah it's one of my favourites too, not too fussy for an sps and it's always fluffy.

Looking good!

Cheers cnseekatz :D

boo! Love the updates, photos, nuptials, everything! Congrats all around.

Thanks Stella! You see how everything in my life is reef related LOL

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

It's been ages since Iast posted an update so here's a quick top down shot from my phone. Photo taken just as the radions shift to moonlight.

There's a few new additions in there, see if you can spot them ;)

13613416_10208563462898542_1569457917500

• Like 5

It's been ages since Iast posted an update so here's a quick top down shot from my phone. Photo taken just as the radions shift to moonlight.

There's a few new additions in there, see if you can spot them ;)

Nice growth!

It's not easy spotting new things with all that coral in there. Looks like there is a new lobo? It's like playing where's waldo

• Like 1

whats the twisty straw around your return pipes? Something with letting air in to break a siphon when power goes out? Or something else completely.

Tank is beautiful!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Nice growth!

It's not easy spotting new things with all that coral in there. Looks like there is a new lobo? It's like playing where's waldo

LOL yeah you got it!

whats the twisty straw around your return pipes? Something with letting air in to break a siphon when power goes out? Or something else completely.

Tank is beautiful!

That's just an experiment I was trying to do which I will reveal when it's done. Thank you. :D

Nice tank.

Could you tell me which camera you use to take photos?

I use an Olympus EPL7

That's just an experiment I was trying to do which I will reveal when it's done. Thank you. :D

Mysterious. Now I want to know even more. I assume now u are trying to get something to grow on it maybe???

• Like 1

It's amazing how big of a difference good lighting and stable water parameters can do.

This was my RBTA 2 years ago under DIY LEDs (royal blues and whites only). The tank was also quite young then as evidenced by the algae on the rocks

5fae8f01-6f46-44c0-abe9-ccf4caa9e198.jpg

And this is the same RBTA yesterday, under G2 Radions and in a fairly stable and matured tank

fc7015d9-7a15-4cd0-866e-350e6dffdf1f_zps

• Like 4