Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Boo's LPS lagoon. Now with video!

ReeferBoo

quick update, I've switched over from DIY bridgelux LEDs to a Maxspect Razor Nano R420R (16000K)

aaaand latest FTS ;)

06-15%20FTS%20640x501_zpscimzyppv.jpg

I love this shot! The cardinal in the center looks so clear and beautiful it's almost like he was photoshopped in :)

• Like 3

ReeferBoo reading this whole thread just made my day! Stunning, absolutely stunning!!! I mean waaaauuuuw.

Thank you very much Rory! I'm glad that you found it entertaining :)

• Like 1

I love this shot! The cardinal in the center looks so clear and beautiful it's almost like he was photoshopped in :)

Thanks teenyreef :) hahah I actually would have preferred him out of the shot because his size sort of betrays how small the tank really is. But this banggai just loves to photobomb! :)) Which is weird because he's usually very shy whenever anyone gets close to the tank, but for some reason whenever he sees a tripod, he wants to be front and center. Lol

• Like 4

ReeferBoo you don't use a protein skimmer? How are you liking the new razor so far, isn't it to blue?

I'm doubting between prime, kessil a160we, radion or razor... (tank was actually designed for the kessil gooseneck)

Man, last night i dreamt your tank was my tank and it was in my living room :ninja: ... definitely need to get my tank up and running!

ReeferBoo you don't use a protein skimmer? How are you liking the new razor so far, isn't it to blue?

I'm doubting between prime, kessil a160we, radion or razor... (tank was actually designed for the kessil gooseneck)

Man, last night i dreamt your tank was my tank and it was in my living room :ninja: ... definitely need to get my tank up and running!

No protein skimmer, just a refugium and water changes. The razor actually looks more natural compared to my DIY LEDs because the previous light did not have warm whites. I don't have personal experience with any of the other lights you're choosing from but I'm definitely happy with my razor nano.

LOL I was the same before I started this nano, after having to shut down my shallow cube back home. I kept dreaming of a new tank until I actually made it happen haha.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So It's been a pretty busy month of wedding preparations as we get closer to the date. Not much has changed in the tank aside from the new lights. I managed to finish a few more paintings for our wedding favours.

painting1%20640x428_zpsj9mreze3.jpg

painting2%20640x442_zpsxmgrwwwr.jpg

painting4%20640x495_zpsd6zc7t1a.jpg

about 20 more to go hahah!

Beautiful tank! What settings do you have your razor on?

Thank you tierarzt! I have it on a pretty straightforward setting, peaking at 85 and 90% for most of the day

A B

0900-1000 0% 0%

1000-1200 80% 85%

1200-1400 85% 90%

1400-1700 85% 90%

1700-1930 50% 70%

1930-2000 0% 0%

• Like 6

Cool thanks for the info..a couple more questions. Are you using the new optics? Also how high over the water surface is your light? I have the same light and have had a tough time finding the perfect setting.

Cool thanks for the info..a couple more questions. Are you using the new optics? Also how high over the water surface is your light? I have the same light and have had a tough time finding the perfect setting.

Yes, I've got the 120 degree optics on and it's hung about 10 inches above the tank. What issues are you having with yours? coral coloration?

Yes, I've got the 120 degree optics on and it's hung about 10 inches above the tank. What issues are you having with yours? coral coloration?

. Coloration issue. I'm not sure if its the light setting or parameters tbh. I'm at 70/85 about 6 inches above water surface. Some SPS still appear brown.

So It's been a pretty busy month of wedding preparations as we get closer to the date. Not much has changed in the tank aside from the new lights. I managed to finish a few more paintings for our wedding favours.

painting1%20640x428_zpsj9mreze3.jpg

painting2%20640x442_zpsxmgrwwwr.jpg

painting4%20640x495_zpsd6zc7t1a.jpg

about 20 more to go hahah!

Thank you tierarzt! I have it on a pretty straightforward setting, peaking at 85 and 90% for most of the day

A B

0900-1000 0% 0%

1000-1200 80% 85%

1200-1400 85% 90%

1400-1700 85% 90%

1700-1930 50% 70%

1930-2000 0% 0%

These paintings are so cool.

. Coloration issue. I'm not sure if its the light setting or parameters tbh. I'm at 70/85 about 6 inches above water surface. Some SPS still appear brown.

Keep in mind that it can take months for some corals to recover their colours. Have you tried increasing the light's intensity?

These paintings are so cool.

Thank you so much Stella :D

love the paintings, looks awesome. especially fond of the clownfish with the shadow below, very similar to koi paintings which i love.

Cheers Hey! That was exactly what I was going for, I was drawn to the top down 3D effect of koi paintings and thought I'd try the style on a marine fish.

• Like 1

LOVE IT!!! Hey, when is your wedding again? How many more do you have to go?

End of October. I've got about 20+ more to go, which isn't too bad at my current pace of 1 painting every 2-3 days. :)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...