Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Boo's LPS lagoon. Now with video!

ReeferBoo

What was the temp on that thermometer? It looks kind of like it's at 5 Celsius. Surely not.

The freshwater layer was close to that but not quite..this should clear things up :)

2cdc6891-08b5-4d43-badc-32f194d049bb_zps

• Wow 1

Before I bought a pair of waders, I once went fly-fishing for about eight hours in 54 degrees Fahrenheit water in the Caney Fork River. Until my legs got numb, it felt like my bones were gonna pop open. There's something exhilarating about it once you get used to it, but that's pretty cold!

• Like 1

Before I bought a pair of waders, I once went fly-fishing for about eight hours in 54 degrees Fahrenheit water in the Caney Fork River. Until my legs got numb, it felt like my bones were gonna pop open. There's something exhilarating about it once you get used to it, but that's pretty cold!

Haha! I wouldn't want to be in that water either. Some guys on the cruise went for an evening swim, we opted to go kayaking instead :lol:

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Wow Boo! Just found your new tank. You've got some really amazing stuff in there. I'm espeically impressed with your photo skills. I can't believe this is only 15 gallons and run off an AC110! What's your mainenance schedule like?

• Like 1

Wow Boo! Just found your new tank. You've got some really amazing stuff in there. I'm espeically impressed with your photo skills. I can't believe this is only 15 gallons and run off an AC110! What's your mainenance schedule like?

Thank you so much! :) Yeah I'm planning to upgrade in the near future but for now this tiny tank will do. Maintenance schedule is surprisingly simple, tibbsy asked me the question before so I'm just gonna copy and paste my reply :D

I do weekly 5-10% water changes with red sea coral pro, feed dry food daily and frozen every other day, trim the macro in the fuge monthly, a bit of algae trimming in the display prior to water changes (my astreas only eat film algae, halloween hermits/all the other small reef hermits aren't allowed in nz and the only types of hermits here BIG frag-wrecking monsters)

The main reason that I want to upgrade to something slightly bigger is to have the space for a foxface or tang so I can do away with the manual algae trimming in the display ;)

• Like 1

This is the nicest tank I've ever seen. Amazing color/corals/scape. Glad I stumbled upon this thread.

Thank you very much for the kind words. :D

Wow...gorgeous tank! I really love the rockscape!

Thanks Gena! your cube tank is the reason why I decided to add montis to this tank B)

Do you happen to have any pics of the ac 110 skimmer mod you did? Would love to see how that was done

It's pretty much the same as the 1st set of pics on this thread ( this is where I based my mod on) but instead of using PVC pipes with slits cut around them, I re-used most of the tubes and strainers that came with the AC110

More underwater photos from our recent trip

A bad photo of what the Milford Sound Discovery Centre looks like from the outside, it is essentially a floating building anchored to the mountain rocks behind it.

P1016153640x480_zps90dc9b52.jpg

scale-model of the observatory, pretty much a giant floating cylinder with windows in the middle of the fiord.

P1016246480x640_zpsf4cf8c29.jpg

the stairs leading down to the viewing room

P1016251640x480_zpsdbaca50d.jpg

The surrounding scenery

P1016218640x480_zps132a907c.jpg

P1016161640x480_zps19bd40f3.jpg

The next photos are from another underwater observatory at lake Wakatipu in Queenstown

some local residents dropping by to say Hi

P1016491480x640_zps8458087a.jpg

57d86e3b-392d-4c20-8ba1-314fa4b1083f_zps

P1016484640x480_zpsb9b291d7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Life has been pretty full-on over the past few weeks plus not much has changed reef tank-wise so here's a late October update

some sticks are coloring up nicely

10-14birdsnest640x480_zps21f8cdfd.jpg

unknown ?acro - this piece has been dirt brown ever since I added it to the tank, now it's finally starting to get purple at the tips

10-14640x538_zps9174e2ea.jpg

et al.

10-141640x556_zpsec18c0b8.jpg

10-144640x547_zps2c4bf2bc.jpg

• Like 2

Crazy. The options online back in the states are so bland.

Haha, trust me mate, you guys have waaaaay more when it comes to livestock options.

Beautiful pics boo! Tank looks great

Thank you Hype! :D just like everyone else, I'm still waiting on that new fts on your thread :lol:

Maybe but not always the vivid colors.

They're quite unique yeah but keep an eye out for them. I know I saw a few that looked very similar to this at some of the US based LFS' websites at around the same time that the LFS here received their coral shipment.