Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dr Fu's Innovative Marine Micro 30 Build & Questions

drfu

The UV / Violet puck is just one of four. The other three are stock so this Vega has the following: Blue, Royal Bue, Deep Red, Green, Cool White, Violet and Ultra Violet. They mount with the AI EXT rail system. There is an AI controller or you can use the AI Director to control through any Web browser.

I have a rail mounting system avail too. Here's the AI Vega website.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/lighting/more.html

Here are the control options:http://www.aquaillumination.com/control/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey drfu! Your tank looks amazing! That clam is huge!

So a couple comments...

That clam is going to suck up your dKH and calcium very quickly. So quickly it may keep your other corals from being able to grow. You have had it in there for a month already. Have you noticed any issues? You may want to start using kalk in your top off water, invest in a dosing pump or calcium reactor asap.

That GSP will kill everything in your tank and I'm not even joking. Keep it trimmed back or go ahead and remove it now. You will wish you had later.

Watch your PO4 levels. 8 TBL of GFO is a lot of GFO for a 30 gallon tank. I have close to 0 PO4 in my 30 with 4 TBL of GFO. I don't have nearly the amount of fish you do so you may need that much GFO. Just be careful, you can overdo it.

Other than that your tank looks great. The Mazpect Razor 60 watt is what I have and it works just fine. At max intensity I have the blues on 100% and the whites on 75% and I have bleached zoanthids on accident by moving them up too quickly.

Hey drfu! Your tank looks amazing! That clam is huge!

Thanks, its been a battle of on and off issues!

So a couple comments...

That clam is going to suck up your dKH and calcium very quickly. So quickly it may keep your other corals from being able to grow. You have had it in there for a month already. Have you noticed any issues? You may want to start using kalk in your top off water, invest in a dosing pump or calcium reactor asap.

I use AquaVitro from Seachem's line of suppliments, been dosing 7ml of alk daily to keep it up, calc & magnesium is 7 ml twice a week & 7ml of mg 1 a week & everything seems stable over the last few months from a chem standpoint.

That GSP will kill everything in your tank and I'm not even joking. Keep it trimmed back or go ahead and remove it now. You will wish you had later.

I trim it once a month so it does not grow any further.

Watch your PO4 levels. 8 TBL of GFO is a lot of GFO for a 30 gallon tank. I have close to 0 PO4 in my 30 with 4 TBL of GFO. I don't have nearly the amount of fish you do so you may need that much GFO. Just be careful, you can overdo it.

My phosphates are always high in this tank, never No3 thought????

Other than that your tank looks great. The Mazpect Razor 60 watt is what I have and it works just fine. At max intensity I have the blues on 100% and the whites on 75% and I have bleached zoanthids on accident by moving them up too quickly.

I ended up with a Radion XR15PRO G3, like it a lot but still learing how to come up with a good program for day & nightime viewing

Its been awhile since i have been on here so i thought i would do some more updates:

Squamosa clam is doing great, too darn big though and might have to find a new home!

Added a beautiful new blue Maxima, is very happy so far

Flame scallop just hangs in the back, kinda boring, feed it nano phyto once a week

Blue linka star is entertaining on how it likes to move around

Blue reef chromis jumped out, sigh! First ever fish loss

New light fixture that i like but was a nightmare process, will explain later but will say Ecotech's service is awesome, the best i have seen in this business!

post-82698-0-84532300-1419355115_thumb.jpg

Archived