Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jesse's 20G Fusion

Obsessed Reefer

Obsessed Reefer

Tanks been doing well, the algae is mostly gone. I got my mame skimmer installed. I also took the four line back to my lfs. They are working on finding me a pair of small mandarins.

I also found another lfs that sells algagen copepods! I'm glad I can now get them w/o having to pay shipping.

23188024854_50b3352cac.jpg

FTS by Jesse Slover, on Flickr

23733681661_4e889d3f58.jpg

hammer by Jesse Slover, on Flickr

23189334203_730001bdc0.jpg

LPS by Jesse Slover, on Flickr

23520450490_0a147cde01.jpg

mame by Jesse Slover, on Flickr

23733674241_40cf6f315b.jpg

Nem by Jesse Slover, on Flickr

23448178499_81356c6764.jpg

torch by Jesse Slover, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Obsessed Reefer

I need to snap some pictures at some point, but there's been a few changes.

1) I removed the Randall's Goby as he was getting quite big and starting to bully the clowns.

2) I got a small diamond goby as a replacement

3) I got a new mandarin

4) A few new corals.

• Like 1
Obsessed Reefer

Such an awesome looking tank, I really like it ... Would you share some details / photos perhaps of your WC process?! :)

I change 4 gallons a week. I have two 5 gallon buckets, one for mixing the Red Sea Coral Pro salt, (2 cups for 4 gallons), and the other for the old water. I just syphon out 4 gallons and add in the new water.

Obsessed Reefer

Hi. Still have the tank? Still using the MAME III Skimmer?

Yes, everything is still up and running. I'm a big fan of the MAME III Skimmer.

Hey man... loved reading through this thread.

I have the same tank as you (for 1 year now) and I've been using the Maxspect 60w. I see that you changed it to the AI prime, so I have to ask why. I have never been very happy with my coral growth, and I'm wondering if you ran into that with the Maxspect.

Obsessed Reefer

Thank you for reply. What you using on your reactor?

I actually don't have my reactor running right now, in terms of chemical filtration I have Seachem SeaGel in filter bags in my media baskets.

Hey man... loved reading through this thread.

I have the same tank as you (for 1 year now) and I've been using the Maxspect 60w. I see that you changed it to the AI prime, so I have to ask why. I have never been very happy with my coral growth, and I'm wondering if you ran into that with the Maxspect.

Honestly I just wanted a new light with a smaller footprint, and the fact that I can control it from my iPhone, makes the nerd in me super happy, haha. I had no issues with the Razor, but I would highly recommend the prime over the razor for this tank. It also has more light channels than the razor.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Is this tank still up and running? Over time you tried but then changed some of the equipment. Could you post a list of what equipment you are now running on the tank. I am considering ordering this tank next week. It would be great to skip some items that did not work out. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Obsessed Reefer

Is this tank still up and running? Over time you tried but then changed some of the equipment. Could you post a list of what equipment you are now running on the tank. I am considering ordering this tank next week. It would be great to skip some items that did not work out. Thanks

The tank is currently down, I got an out of state corporate internship with my company so I had to take it down. The two major pieces of equipment I changed was the light, I went from the razor to the AI Prime, more so because I liked the smaller profile and the ability to control the lights from my phone.

I also replaced the innovative marine skimmer I bought with the MAME skimmer, I felt that the IM skimmer never really broke in, and was too noisy for me.

Minor thing was getting upgraded media baskets.

• 1 year later...