Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jesse's 20G Fusion

Obsessed Reefer

Obsessed Reefer

If you figure it out let me know, my mp10 was doing the same, I placed it as high as possible without letting air suck into it, and as far forward as possible. It is on the right side of my tank if you are looking at it. The sand doesn't blow around anymore but I want the best flow possible.

So my sand isn't blowing around anymore, I also adjusted the return nozzles, because I think that was partially at fault. I currently have my MP10 in reef crest mode, at about a quarter power. I toned it down like two notches last night, it seemed like my Onyx pair was struggling a little bit. It's hard to say what the perfect flow is right now, since there's nothing in the tank that requires any, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. I also took the Korallia out, as it's going into the Nuvo 8.

• Like 1
Obsessed Reefer

So I figured I'd take advantage of Marine Depot's 10% while I can, and ordered a few more items, including a Mini Max Media Reactor, which came with free carbon, and the Ghost Protein Skimmer. I know I said I didn't plan on getting one, but apparently depending on what I run in the reactor, you need a skimmer to go with it, and I figured I might as well get it now so that it can start breaking in asap.

• Like 4
So I figured I'd take advantage of Marine Depot's 10% while I can, and ordered a few more items, including a Mini Max Media Reactor, which came with free carbon, and the Ghost Protein Skimmer. I know I said I didn't plan on getting one, but apparently depending on what I run in the reactor, you need a skimmer to go with it, and I figured I might as well get it now so that it can start breaking in asap.

If you good make a post on the reactor, i have heard so many mixed reviews on this piece & i am also thinking of getting one to run gfo to go along with my skimmer

• Like 2
Obsessed Reefer

Thank you Alyssa and Pacific East! Just placed a nice order, and loving that 40% coupon!

5 snails, 3 for the 20g, 2 for the 8g. Not sure how I'm going to split the frags up. All I know is next week is going to be like Christmas for me, getting all my stuff from marine depot, getting a new camera, and this, all between two days, haha! :D

14896878198_9d67a0f3d9_z.jpg 15080438901_4e0983b68e_z.jpg

• Like 1
Obsessed Reefer

Sunday Funday! Heading to my LFS, need a few supplies, but also gonna pick up my Two Spot Goby (Spot, as my gf has already named it), and possibly a few frags, depending on what they have.

Let us know what you think of the Ghost skimmer. I couldn't get it to work well...either nothing but a collection cup full of tank water in a couple hours. I had to move the gasket almost all the way to the bottom of the cup to stop it from filling. All this was probably my fault, as I am a skimmer noob :(

I may just sell it...I only have a pair of clowns and a blenny, so I may not need a skimmer.

Obsessed Reefer

Believe me I'm a skimmer noob as well, but hopefully I can get it dialed in and working. So far Innovative Marine hasn't let me down with their products, but we'll see. It should be here on Wednesday.

Obsessed Reefer

So of course my lfs sold both two spot gobies they had, hopefully he'll get more this week. I did pick up a Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse! As well as a Randall's Goby and a Tiger Shrimp for my 8g!

• Like 1
Obsessed Reefer

Yay. Everything acclimated well. The wrasse is eating and swimming around and going in the rock work. I put the shrimp Goby in the 8g and boom. Went and hid. Dropped some mysis in, hope they ate some. My only issue is that I won't get my light till Tuesday.

Obsessed Reefer

So I get home, go to check the tank, can't find the Wrasse. Not in the DT, not in the sump, not on the floor, I start freaking out, bust out a flashlight and start searching everywhere for it, shine it on a rock, and I see an eye light up, damn thing was hiding in a hole. Freaked me out. Once it saw me, it started swimming around, but mostly under the arch, I snapped a few pictures, going to edit them and upload them in a few. First I'm going to sonic to get a slushie. :)

• Like 2
Obsessed Reefer

What kind is that? Never seen it before. And I was so pissed when I went to the LFS today, apparently they were crazy busy the last few days, and sold 60+ fish over two days. Hopefully he'll get another one this week. I'm set on the Two Spot, because it's also a sand sifter, but it doesn't grow that large.