ReefCleaners.org

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They like to hover in my back corner most of the time.

They come out for dinner time, but still just stay towards the surface and go back to the corner when done.

Yesterday they were venturing out a bit more, so hopefully they are still just babies getting used to the tank.

maybe you can lure them into hosting your new frogspawn =)

I may or may not have put the frogspawn in the same corner as them... :rolleyes:

Just hope my nameless tailspot doesn't decide to host it too!

When I got home from work today, my mushrooms were HUGE! They must really like the changes I made last night because they doubled in size. Awesome!

I've been having crazy coral/fish/tank dreams all week. It's actually getting a bit annoying! I think I just have so many ideas for livestock I want to try, I can't get it sorted out and all those ideas float around in my head... all... night... long...

I worked some overtime today and am likely to do so tomorrow as well as a day or two next week. That's going to fund more corals and maybe a media basket. :naughtydance:

woohoo! more corals! what are you looking for? i am selling / giving away a lot of my corals soon to make room for a makeover for my spec V

I took some time today to get myself organized and made out a list of what I'm looking for...

Colorful mushrooms/ricordea

Gorgonian

Acans

Torch

Duncan

Undata

Pagoda Cup

Black Sun Coral

I'm not against SPS, they just don't dance around in the flow like softies and LPS... ;)

I been looking for gorgonians too. I plan to make an order from KP Aquatics in the next month or so. They are highly recommended by several members here. I can't find any nice gorgonians in any of the LFS around here. If you are interested, maybe we can combine an order and split the shipping??

I been looking for gorgonians too. I plan to make an order from KP Aquatics in the next month or so. They are highly recommended by several members here. I can't find any nice gorgonians in any of the LFS around here. If you are interested, maybe we can combine an order and split the shipping??

Uhhhhh... I was just on their website looking at mantis shrimp... :slap:

I'll take a look at corals I can actually get and let you know! I was thinking I would end up having to place an order somewhere online, but wasn't sure how'd I'd receive it.

Was staring at my tank for a good 30 minutes with a flashlight just now and counted 11 easily found feather dusters! I love those little guys and I hope they grow big!!

Also spotted a 3rd brittle star a little bit bigger than the other two. It's currently hanging out on/in my powerhead - where the power cable enters the back of the unit...

Ordered an InTank media basket this morning along with filter floss.

Should get here early next week! :happydance:

Now, to convince the BF (yes, that issue resolved itself after a few days apart) to take a trip to Aqua Pros to get some Larry's Reef Frenzy!

Ordered an InTank media basket this morning along with filter floss.

Should get here early next week! :happydance:

Now, to convince the BF (yes, that issue resolved itself after a few days apart) to take a trip to Aqua Pros to get some Larry's Reef Frenzy!

When you go to Aqua Pros, stop by http://www.yelp.com/biz/blackberry-market-glen-ellyn for breakfast / lunch. VERY high ratings on yelp, and my wife and I enjoyed the beef brisket sandwich with side combo. Yummmm.

And what color RFA did you get? I really wanted the pink one....

Just picked up two tiny SPS frags today. I don't know/remember what they are called so I'm just making up names. Good enough for me. BF is gifting me a couple frags of an SPS from his tank to make room for a couple of his own purchases today.

So I added 3 corals last weekend, 3 more this weekend, and hopefully I'll pick up my RFA sometime this week. My InTank basket should arrive Monday and I plan to install it with my next water change. Will also swap out the sponge I keep rinsing out for filter floss. At the water change after that, I'll add some carbon and phosguard (I think that's what I got).

Time to cool it on my purchases now and let everything settle in for a few weeks. If all goes well, I'll pick out a fish at the end of October with overtime pay that I usually get for helping with month end processes, though my two-year review should take place mid-October, so here's hoping for a raise!!

Pics later!

Another gigantic photo dump!

Fishes are finally coming out into the open a little more

15386102052_f1e9575a71.jpg

IMG_4838 by kimothy182, on Flickr

But I'm really annoyed by all the scratches in the glass

15199730520_362db96e46.jpg

IMG_4821 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Brittle star hanging out in the rear of my power head

15386390325_458163ae7a.jpg

IMG_4830 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Ricordea really loving the flow