inTank Media Baskets

D3monic's nano fail 28- New Macros Here!

D3monic

Yea, still depressed though. I've always got every job I've interviewed for so it left me feeling a lil inadequate.

Brighter note my amazon order came in finally with my 125w eheim heater, coral epoxy and some purigen. Warmest my tank has ever been in the winter. Have my apex programmed to turn it off at 78. Heater set to around there but temp probe before programming apex was showing a little over 79 so i'm not trusting the heaters built in thermostat.

From the little bit I got to observe it seemed the corals where happier in the warmer water.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my snails in Gertie's tank are eating away at my green fern macro. It's almost a goner. Not bushy anymore. I never see any one it but I can't help but wonder when the lights go out.

Thanks guys, just a couple little tufts on the big rock. I really need to do a water change and hit them with a tooth brush. The red turf algae completely gone, turbo snails ate it all. They also ate some of my green fuzzy. I just need more time in the week. Will have 124 hours on this next check

Most the coral seems to be much happier with the warmer water now. Can't really tell a difference in my fish.

Tail spot is being a bit of a jerk to my yasha goby. Won't let her come very far out of her hidey hole.

Wow, I've never heard of tail spots being like that. Mine was so laid back.

Yea I was really surprised. Especially since the tail spot kind of hangs out with the 6 line all day. Seems real social and then BAM nails the yasha goby.

Mine learned how to steal food from the nems and acans from my 6line. He was nice before that, more timid, but guess it realized if it didn't do like the 6line, it wouldn't get any food.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Had a bunch of HA again because I been neglecting it for quite a few weeks. I took a toothbrush to it the other day and finally did a water change. Starting to grow on my red branchy macro though.

FlowerMama

It's a slow grower, isn't it? I noticed mine hasn't grown much, in comparison to others that weren't even visible in the tank, now I have dictyota that was bigger than the frag of red branching that wasn't there before.

It's a slow grower, isn't it? I noticed mine hasn't grown much, in comparison to others that weren't even visible in the tank, now I have dictyota that was bigger than the frag of red branching that wasn't there before.

It seems like it is, I don't notice any new growth on it yet. Damn turbo snails demolished my green fuzzy.

Looks good!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you end up changing the LED's or did you stay stock?

Still stock, really haven't had the funds to make any changes. The pest algaes went away at least. I think in no small part to my blenny. I did lose my yasha gobie though. It was a few years old, i'm not sure on their life spans but i'm sure it's longer than that. Was probably stress from the blenny always nailing it when it came out its hidey hole.

Archived