Cultivated Reef

Future Accessories

Nic

jedimasterben

I figured the same thing just disappointed, still really happy with the bluefish though, a future accessory that I'd like to see is need a plug in so I can control my vortechs with the bluefish,

That in itself would probably be more work than a relay setup or probe array.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

How so? But I trust you, guess I have to get a reeflink...

Because you need to have an RF adapter to connect to them, then you have to send the right signals and have your own code that would mimic the stock ones from Ecotech, as the Bluefish would now be the 'master' pump and everything else would be slave. Definitely not an easy thing to do, that's why the ones from Neptune and Reef Angel are not cheap. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Would a way around the delay on the outlets be integrating some of the already available wifi plugs into the app? For example the Belkin Wemo plugs? Or even a module that would allow those remote control sockets to be controlled, just a basic rf transmitter?

... back burner...

For some of you the expectation of these future products may have been the deciding factor when you purchased the controller. This is something I'm truly sorry for. I want to make it up to you by refocusing on delivering additional value to you guys; by adding free new features and enhancements that will continue to make Bluefish the coolest and most powerful lighting controller available.

Super frustrating and I'm exactly one of the folks that posted earlier (2014) in this thread that made a decision to buy the BF based on your multiple statements about controller components coming and coming. I even asked at one point, if I would be better off buying a RKL if I was going to have much longer, and the answer was no - you were close again.

Then to see you say the project is on the back burner (reasoning makes literally no business sense the way you portrayed it btw) and are sorry and want make it up to folks by ignoring the original issues and focusing on new features? We liked the original features, that's why we bought them.

• 1 year later...

So it has been a year and before I dump the bluefish and buy an apex has there been any progress on a power bar or probe array?  If not I understand, just want to know!

Archived