Coral Vue Hydros

Future Accessories

Nic

SpencerShepard

Wondering if anyone has heard anything about when the power bar is going to come out? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a reef angel, but wanted to stay with the whole bluefish upgrade path, would really like to know about when this is a possibility? Just sick of using DJ Racks and power strip...

All I can say is that the power bar and other items are coming, but we won't be releasing any info until we have a very close imminent release date.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will wait it out then! I love my bluefish and want to keep the capabilities that it has, so I will try to be more patient!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I'm new to this and I am interested in getting a controller plus the probes. Atm I'm in the planning phase, so could you just say if it is going to be 2-3 months for the probes, or like a year or so. Just want to save shipping costs (Germany) ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All I can say is that the power bar and other items are coming, but we won't be releasing any info until we have a very close imminent release date.

Ah it's hard to be patient. A little teaser would be nice...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm comparing options right now. The bluefish mini doesn't have the ability to hook up to the accessories. The full blown bluefish does but no info at all on accessories. There is a sensor bar and power bar on the website. Still no info. Any coming any time soon?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mark, you can get a twin pack of US adapt plugs from the poundshop, but fingers crossed the bluefish powerboat will use the universal plug layout (if ever you've bought a Chinese powerhead, the adapter it comes with)

• 2 months later...

I've been waiting a year, in March they said they'll only release info when it is very close imminent release, guess I should just get an apex...

Bueller....bueller.. I've had a Bluefish for a while now and been waiting for modules for well over a year. At one point the estimated time was the end of 2014 or so. That was a year ago. Still nothing???

• 1 month later...
SpencerShepard

I have to apologize for keeping you guys waiting. Since I've launched Bluefish, I've learned that my projected time frames for product releases are far from accurate, not for lack of good intention. Some of you may or may not know that I am the sole person behind Bluefish. I do all of the hardware and software development, web sales, shipping, support, etc. I also own a retail aquarium store, design, install and maintain high-end custom reef builds, have a family including two young kids, and another side/hobby business designing and selling drone parts. Needless to say I am quite busy. The problem (and my biggest regret with Bluefish), is that the promise of upcoming add-on products was a sales feature. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have said anything about the other products I was working on...and rather them be more of a pleasant surprise when they were released.

So after a ton of work on the sensor module and power bar, I have recently decided that I need to put them on the back burner for the time being. I've recently learned that some crucial components I was working with are going to be much more expensive than they were projected to be from the manufacturer. Unfortunately this would require a price point on the end product that would render it a non-starter. I basically need to go back to the drawing board on this...which wouldn't be such a big deal, more of just a reality of product development...except that many of you have been waiting patiently. For some of you the expectation of these future products may have been the deciding factor when you purchased the controller. This is something I'm truly sorry for. I want to make it up to you by refocusing on delivering additional value to you guys; by adding free new features and enhancements that will continue to make Bluefish the coolest and most powerful lighting controller available.

hey spencer,

first: thank you for your honest answer! rare enough these days.

But it sure is a bummer!!! I expected something like that - given the lack of info in the past. Ecaxtly for that reason I went with the BF mini.

I didn't regret it!

IMHO the BF and the app is still the cooles and best featured light controller out there, especialy for DIY projects.

I welcome your plan to make up for it :)

Hi Spencer,

As above, thanks for the honesty. I would like to say though that although the extras were a small factor they were far from being the main reason I bought the controller. It was exactly what I wanted with plenty of versatility and room for expansion. The app makes it easily my coolest piece of equipment on my tank (well this and my tide). I am happy to wait as long as needed for the accessories because, at this point, they are a bonus. Take as long as needed :)

Also I can't wait to see what features you have planned :)

I figured the same thing just disappointed, still really happy with the bluefish though, a future accessory that I'd like to see is need a plug in so I can control my vortechs with the bluefish, that's honestly all I really care about my light and pumps, nothing wrong with manually plugging in and out things, I'm not really that lazy. Would be nice to be able to control the vortechs though so I don't need a bunch of apps on my phone for my tank. I think that would be awesome!

Archived