inTank Media Baskets

Tunze Doc 9004 or New Cadlights PLS-50 Elite

jolee0722

As the title says, which one do you prefer? I realize that no one has received the New Cadlights skimmer yet, but how was the older version? I'm in the middle of setting up a tank and am generating a list of equipment to put in it. It is a 24"x22"x16" AIO with a 4 inch filtration system that is currently being built by Chris from PicoAquariums, so both will fit.

just got the new cadlights skimmer, dead silent and no micro bubbles. as in none

Is it already pulling out skim?

shaneandjohn

I have been running the PlS50 Elite for 6 days now. Dead silent, zero Micro Bubles, and skimming very well. Good Gunk already building in the cup.

Way Better than the Original, mine was JUNK.

Dang. Congrats on winning the giveaway, judd. Sounds like the elite is the way to go. It's also cheaper for a penny pincher like me.

The tank is an AIO with the full volume being 36 gallons so I never considered the 9001. It looks sick though.

I have been running the PlS50 Elite for 6 days now. Dead silent, zero Micro Bubles, and skimming very well. Good Gunk already building in the cup. Way Better than the Original, mine was JUNK.

How long did yours take to start skimming?

shaneandjohn

Sorry for the delayed response. I started getting Skimmate the first day. This is day 7, and I have emptied the watery Skimmate yesterday.

Here is a quick IPAD pic. I am very impressed with the performance so far. I think I am going to Blow Up my old PLS50. :)

post-63035-0-37764700-1406842933_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
ClownTriggerDude

I just ordered the Elite from Jerome from the company. I still have the original version and just about threw it outside,....several time !

I could not,...get rid of the billions of micro-bubbles escaping from between the two plates and mostly, from both drains. I wish I could shoot a video, but can't. I spoke with them a few times, and they said the first pump had some issues and they sent the new one, but had the Same issues.

I've been researching other nano skimmers and actually bought the TUNZE 9001, and although it works ok, it's nothing to be excited about. Other than HOB skimmers that I don't want for this particular tank, the Coralife 29g BioCube. So, I spoke with Jerome and I'm giving the new Elite version a try it out.

I'll report back after I receive and install it. If there's any issues, I'll send it right back. I like the people and other products, so I'm giving them a chance to win me over.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Archived