Coral Vue Hydros

nano protein skimmer question

CatfishSoupFTW

CatfishSoupFTW

may be getting a AIO tank. The maker said i can choose whichever chamber width id need to accommodate the skimmer.

so here is the question. The tank is 17.7 by 17.7 by 17.7 so thats 24 gallons or so. what would you guys recommend to have the back chamber spacing to be? I want to maximize the overall tank space available for LR and fish, but also want good space to fit most good nano protein skimmers.

thoughts?

apneaAddict

I have switched all of my tanks to cadlights skimmers and now own almost every model. I would highly recommend looking up their pls-50 and reading / watching reviews. They are dead silent which is a must for me....

9002 is heavily tested and great

Also as stated a hob skimmer would technically give you the most room with high performance.

As per the op question I think nano skimmers all run at or less than 3.5" wide I'd look up the top names and add a few tenths

CatfishSoupFTW

much thanks people. Been debating on the tunze or cadlight. I heard the cadlight can be finicky but once it works.. it really works!

CatfishSoupFTW

HOB anything else is a headache IMO.

for the longest time I was debating HOB overflow..... but. we all know what story. lol at the most prob a hob skimmer is all id do.

are you guys rocking sumps for these? back chambers? or just sittin on the tank as is.

sorry for le double post.

I have my 9002 in the middle chamber on my biocube 29, granted I did not love it for the first week. Micro bubble city in my tank lol. But I added a piece of filter on the inside bottom of the skimmer, and did the airline mod, and it is a beast now!

Archived