Innovative Marine Aquariums

The *NEW* Tunze 9001 is Here!

inTank

It pops off the pump if you remove it. Slip it through the bottom and snap it back onto the pump then put the pump back on. Then pull the air hose almost tight. It seats in 4 small groves right above the needle wheel.

I got it sir,this thing is awesome.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCsoulsurfer420

I have a Nuvo 8gal. and really want to add the 9001 but had concerns about the fit restricting the overflow of water from the thermo/fuge (2nd) section to the return pump (3rd) section...The pictures from the other thread are great so I know it will fit but it looked like the inTank demo Nuvo8 was dry.

Should I be concerned with reduced flow causing the return pump to run dry? I'm using a Tunze 1073.008 as return, running at about 160gph. Can Stevie or anyone else comment?

Mine just arrived. Looks like a nice piece of kit. Feels solid. Quiet. I'm using it in the second chamber of a CADlights 34G mounted to the glass divider between chambers 1 and 2.

SCsoulsurfer420

Thanks for the input. My return is in section 3, far right if you are viewing from front. It's one of Tunze's circulation pumps- set up with suction cups down, outlet pointed up and connected to stock 1/2" flex hose returning the water back to the front display section through an elbow at top. Not sure exactly what you mean by "which of the 4 ways orientated?" I'm using it as an upgrade to the stock 92gph return as I thought the tank could use more flow.

ClownTriggerDude

On page #4 In the instructions, under the heading "Water Intake", it reads, "The pump can be oriented in four different directions".

I don't know yet, which one I'll use. I'll play around with it.

ClownTriggerDude

Just tried mine out and a lot of micro-bubbles are coming out of the pump, water outlet and bubble eliminator area's. I will take it apart tomorrow and see what I can find. I haven't heard of this issue yet, are any of you having problems ?

Mine microbubbled for a little bit maybe an hour or two at most even then it was minimal though. Mine is producing a nice foam and tea colored skim already.

ClownTriggerDude

I just reinstalled it again and I'll leave it over night. Steve said he did not get any.

Also, the mounting tabs on the magnet mount are cheap, little and weak tabs. Sometimes when I place the skimmer in the tank, the outer magnet pulls in inside magnet off the mount. Someday,.....they'll break off and will have to glue them together.

Hard to imagine that Tunze does not recognize this !

Well, overnight did not help. I' in contact with Steve about the issue.

I'm sorry you're having these issues as mine is working fine. However I agree about the tabs.

Mine microbubbled for a little bit maybe an hour or two at most even then it was minimal though. Mine is producing a nice foam and tea colored skim already.

An hour.. lol. Took weeks for my 9002 to stop throwing microbubbles in my display.

ClownTriggerDude
I'm sorry you're having these issues as mine is working fine. However I agree about the tabs.

I gave up on the first Cadlights skimmer because of micro-bubbles, and now with the Tunze ?????

If I were a beginner I'd say I'm doing something wrong.

And yes, you'd think a long time builder like Tunze, they would have made the tabs better.

Does anyone,.......build high quality anymore ?

I know I'm fed-up, but this is getting nuts.

Well, overnight did not help. I' in contact with Steve about the issue.

We will talk more tomorrow when back in the office via your PM. Any skimmer can take time to break in and it may be dependent on media, dosing and tank conditions.

will this fit Nuvo 24g? Do I need any other extra equipment such as return pump etc.

Yes it fits in the IM24 chamber to the left of the right intake

will this fit Nuvo 24g? Do I need any other extra equipment such as return pump etc.

I confirm it fits in the Nuvo 24g. And I can also confirm this thing pulls out the nasty stuff better than the 9002.

I confirm it fits in the Nuvo 24g. And I can also confirm this thing pulls out the nasty stuff better than the 9002.

This will be my first skimmer on my Nuvo 24g, I just have FOWLR tank, my water condition is good (Nitrates @ 0) even after no water change for two weeks (thanks to Chemipure BLUE) and just recently put some Cheato in it. Currently I have TWO clowns, ONE scarlet shrimp and ONE Royal Gramma planning to two or three fish then start Corals after two or three months so thought skimmer might be a necessary...

Mine definitely needs a skimmer. My tank is packed full, mostly corals. But I have a fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, hermits, snails, midas blenny, 2 clowns, and a fire fish.

Too many corals to list: gold hammer, green w/purple tips hammer, yellow hammer, octospawn, 6-7 different acan colonies, 10+ different kinds of zoas/palys, two BTAs, 3 clams (I know, I know), 3 different monti caps, 2 gonis, 3 leptos, 6-7 different other SPS (setosa, acros, stylos, etc.), 6-7 chalices

I skim, dose 2-part, tumble GFO, fluidize carbon, have purigen, use floss, and REGULAR WATER CHANGES.

Time for an upgrade soon.

Archived