Innovative Marine Aquariums

The *NEW* Tunze 9001 is Here!

inTank

Thanks for the video - great info! I also have the IM 16 but have a couple questions...

1. How do you have the plumbing arranged in the middle rear sump area, so the tubes get to both returns? It seems like with the sump sitting in the middle and taking up most of the depth the sump area offers, it'd be tough to plumb the tubes properly. Any chance you could get a photo (assuming you have the clear black plastic lining removed from the rear of your tank)?
  2. Where did you get the thinner magnet you used for welding and what size did you use? Also, what compound did use for the actual welding?
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. How do you have the plumbing arranged in the middle rear sump area, so the tubes get to both returns? It seems like with the sump sitting in the middle and taking up most of the depth the sump area offers, it'd be tough to plumb the tubes properly. Any chance you could get a photo (assuming you have the clear black plastic lining removed from the rear of your tank)?
  2. Where did you get the thinner magnet you used for welding and what size did you use? Also, what compound did use for the actual welding?

1. I have two pumps and ran vinyl tubing to each output nozzle. More detail here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/320919-steviets-nuvo-16-experience/

2. I used a magnet from a koralia pump I had laying around. Any thing coated magnet will work. I use weldon 16 but you can use a two part epoxy made for plastics.

Skimmate Thursday afternoon until this morning

20140729_134737.jpg

That's not bad for a brand new device. Do you think it will be able to skim a bit drier than that once it settles in?

That's not bad for a brand new device. Do you think it will be able to skim a bit drier than that once it settles in?

I was told by Tunze yes, they said it can skim darker than the 9002 after break in. The tube is already really dark, thick and dry.

Does the skimmer release microbubbles into the tank? Thx

None

Mine comes tomorrow so stoked!

Anxious to see what your thoughts are about it.......

I have the 9002, wondering if I should just pull the trigger on one.

Anxious to see what your thoughts are about it.......

I have the 9002, wondering if I should just pull the trigger on one.

Do it.

The inTank jet needs new hookers. After our trip to Napa this past weekend a fresh set is in order.

I'm sure ill find something to order soon my friend lol. Prob an ATO.

ATO is a must. Be a slave to your tank or have time for hookers and blow. It's an easy choice.

Prob will soon. My evaporation isn't to bad though just another gadget I'd enjoy purchasing and playing with lol. Either way it'll come from inTank.

ClownTriggerDude

Now that I see the nasty collection cup, I'm getting anxious for mine to be delivered this week.

Isn't it strange,... to be excited about getting fish POOP, out of my tank ! :blink:

Stevie, did you do a water/vinegar bath or any other preps before you added it to your tank?

No cause I'm like a super busy jet setter right now that doesn't have a tank that's worth thousands anymore. But it's not a bad idea :)

Out of the box the skimmer smells like fresh injected plastic goodness so it would be a good idea to do a quick rinse of any new equipment.

Note on installing in Coralife Biocube 29:

Cut tab as directed here like you were installing the Tunze 9002

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Coralife-Biocube-29-Media-Basket-CL29MR.htm

IMG_5381.jpg

Use magnet extender piece to get past molding lip on chamber two/three wall. Or cut that molding lip away

9001drawing.jpg

20140730_111743.jpg

20140730_111813.jpg

Skimmer will fit with media basket and lid will close. The magnet likes to come loose from it's pressure fit holder tabs if the loose magnet is twisted. To prevent get magnets set up first and lined, up then insert skimmer and press onto tabs. Or super glue tabs to the body so they can not come loose. You can remove the skimmer without removing the magnets by just pulling away, granted you have not glued the magnet to the body.

You know what, your customer service sucks!

I placed my order at 2:16PM and I didn't get a "your order has shipped" email until 2:43PM! 27 minutes.

Awesome customer service as ever - thanks! :D

You know what, your customer service sucks!

I placed my order at 2:16PM and I didn't get a "your order has shipped" email until 2:43PM! 27 minutes.

Awesome customer service as ever - thanks! :D

Wow that's too long. Shipping Jeff was final retail packing up some RSM filtration covers, I'll have a talk with him that orders that come in are more important than busy work ;)

ClownTriggerDude

I should get mine tomorrow morning.

Steve, thanks for the 29g mod photo's and explanation. I have some super glue ready.

Kevin

I should get mine tomorrow morning.

Steve, thanks for the 29g mod photo's and explanation. I have some super glue ready.

Kevin

Great. See how you like it without any glue at first. But since you would only mount it to the side it's not like you'll ever need to remove the magnet. When I was playing around today it seemed that the magnet attached would cause less frustration when adjusting, installing or removing.

Just got mine today. Overall happy so far, micro bubbles were there for about 5 minutes then gone. Have in the front of my nano cube 28 which sucks but it's a small skimmer so it's not that bad. However the foamer isn't attached I noticed when I took it apart to rinse it prior to putting it in the tank,but looks like it is supposed to come off the motor am I right Stevie? I was just worried cause the instructions say be careful not to pull it off but seems to be working just fine.

Ill post more about it on my thread later,but as always good shipping and price from inTank thanks a bunch Stevie T!

Just got mine today. Overall happy so far, micro bubbles were there for about 5 minutes then gone. Have in the front of my nano cube 28 which sucks but it's a small skimmer so it's not that bad. However the foamer isn't attached I noticed when I took it apart to rinse it prior to putting it in the tank,but looks like it is supposed to come off the motor am I right Stevie? I was just worried cause the instructions say be careful not to pull it off but seems to be working just fine.

Ill post more about it on my thread later,but as always good shipping and price from inTank thanks a bunch Stevie T!

It pops off the pump if you remove it. Slip it through the bottom and snap it back onto the pump then put the pump back on. Then pull the air hose almost tight. It seats in 4 small groves right above the needle wheel.

Will it fit in the solana 34 aio

Yes but since the wall is angled you would need to glue the magnet to the rear of the skimmer to fit into chamber one if you were using a media basket in chamber 2

Archived