Pod Your Reef

The *NEW* Tunze 9001 is Here!

inTank

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wub:

This is the first time I have done an instructional or walk through video with voice. I too scareded before.

all for you JDH

It was a great video actually. So many times you see someone mumbling on about nothing or going "Uuuuuhhh" a bagillion times, or camera shaking like their Michael J. Fox or something.

Quality stuff you put out man. Bravo.

ClownTriggerDude

Hey Steve, in the description, what is meant by, "The DOC Skimmer 9001 is flexible in how its pump is configured".

Hey Steve, in the description, what is meant by, "The DOC Skimmer 9001 is flexible in how its pump is configured".

Watch the video :) Steve demonstrates it.

Great video. Looks tempting. Currently trying to find a skimmer that works nicely with my CADlights AIO. The PLS-50 is frustrating the heck out of me and I'm now trying a Hydor Slim Skim Nano. If you can get a dry / dark skimmate out of the 9001, I think I'll take one!

Quality stuff you put out man. Bravo.

Thanky. Cell phone vid too, I hate those rambling youtube crap vids. Brother was a producer so he taught me a thing or two.

Watch the video :) Steve demonstrates it.

This. It's a pretty unique feature in a nano skimmer. I'm not as familiar with larger skimmers but I've never seen it before.

Great video. Looks tempting. Currently trying to find a skimmer that works nicely with my CADlights AIO. The PLS-50 is frustrating the heck out of me and I'm now trying a Hydor Slim Skim Nano. If you can get a dry / dark skimmate out of the 9001, I think I'll take one!

I will let you know. We never had luck with the hydor skimmer and stopped selling them long ago.

I am in Napa until Tuesday so we'll see whats in the cup when I return :) I only have 3 fish and 2 corals but never do water changes so we'll see.

If I didn't have a sweet inTank basket in my filter chamber of my nano cube I'd get this. The price and performance seems very awesome. Very very happy with my basket though...and chemi pure blue.

ClownTriggerDude

I will suggest putting the skimmer in the corner or even in the middle of the display, then hide it with rock. Since the skimmer is so narrow, I don't think it would be a big issue. I also love the baskets !

ClownTriggerDude

Is Tunze's new algae magnet glass cleaner available yet ?

I'll bet the representative on this interzoo video was very embarrased that the remote control did not work on their new led light.

What a time for it not to work !

Anyway, they discuss the new skimmer.

I've also considered trimming the last baffle where the jbj skimmer wall is to rest it on top since it seems to only need around 6" of water to work.

ClownTriggerDude

That's a good idea.

I have the 29g Coralife BioCube and the Media Baskets from Steve, so it will fit great in the 2nd chamber and still use my baskets. I'm ordering the Tunze today and very excited to use it !

Does anyone know what the best water height to run this skimmer is? I know the old tunze 9002 had a water level line. Does this have one too? I will be running it in an aquafuge on the back of a 30 gallon.

This does look like an improvement over the tunze 9002. the tunze 9002 felt flimsy and cheap, and I had microbubbles escaping everywhere as the body was not all one piece. This one looks solid.

Does anyone know what the best water height to run this skimmer is? I know the old tunze 9002 had a water level line. Does this have one too? I will be running it in an aquafuge on the back of a 30 gallon.

This does look like an improvement over the tunze 9002. the tunze 9002 felt flimsy and cheap, and I had microbubbles escaping everywhere as the body was not all one piece. This one looks solid.

A min of 6" of water is needed. There is a water level line

It is a huge improvement. All is discussed in this thread, on the video and on the product page.

ClownTriggerDude

Just ordered mine. Can't wait to see how it does !

Knowing Tunze products, I'm positive this skimmer will work great.

Thanks again Steve !

Kevin

Hey Stevie, think you might be able to see if it can fit over the skimmer section of the nano cube 28? If it does I'm gonna cut the baffle down to fit it,otherwise I'm gonna go with the aqua c remora nano. Either way it'll be ordered from inTank but the tunze is pretty sweet and less expensive. I just don't wanna crowd the display with extra equipment if possible,I say this cause I've considered putting the tunze in the front.

No no cut the skimmer baffle in the nano cube to the left of the media basket to allow the skimmer to be submerged.

Also I just ordered the 9001.

The media basket will not be removed it's too awesome, ill put it in the display if need be,the video you did on the 9001 was really helpful in deciding on it over the aqua c nano.

I noticed the 9001 was listed in the Nuvo 8 section. With the return pump and a NeoTherm back there - is this going to fit in the back or in the display section?

I noticed the 9001 was listed in the Nuvo 8 section. With the return pump and a NeoTherm back there - is this going to fit in the back or in the display section?

Return pump chamber, chamber 3. I have a few pics look at my recent posts from Thursday I'd link but am traveling.

Will this fit in the middle chamber of an "oldie but goodie" original BC29 with the media basket??

I'm assuming so since it fits the Coralife BC29?

DOH!!!!! Do I have egg on my face! Just answered my own question by going to the web-site and it's listed for the BC29!!

YAY!!!

Archived