Cultivated Reef

The *NEW* Tunze 9001 is Here!

inTank

And it looks sweet !!!!!

It is basically the width of the 9002 without it's magnet so it will fit in many more applications. The cup has been upgraded to fit in AIO aquarium, wonder where they got that idea ;)

The needle wheel promises darker skimmate. It run on only 2.5 watts and is whisper quiet after break in.

Grab a 9001 today! They are in-stock and ready to ship

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Tunze-DOC-9001-Nano-Protein-Skimmer-9001.htm

9001%201.jpg

Please let us know if you want something considered for addition.

9001.jpg

* This is only a guide. Due to user error, users skill, changes in aquarium design, manufacturing and factors out of inTank's control, inTank, LLC cannot guarantee fitment. Please check your aquarium dimensions first.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legendary Corals

gonna have to snag one. would really like to see one action

full working video from intank maybe ;)

+1 on that idea

Nope you can be the guinea pig :)

For Freeeeee?!

I'm seriously thinking of one. Although i'd like to be one of the first to try it, I made that mistake when I bought the IM Skimmate Nano. I NEED reviews and user opinions.

I literally just threw it away as it broke for the third time, and I thought, well #### this. I am never going to buy one of their products again <_<

Tunze > IM

We are the very first to get our hands on it. I will be sticking it in a tank soon to see how this bad boy works out. But Roger at Tunze has been running one from Germany with great results.

Tunze has been working on this skimmer for at least 3 years. There were some peraonal set backs but it is finally in the USA.

IME they don't release just to get sales. But it's not a bad idea to wait for some.

We also reduced the price on the 9002 to $99.99!! We purchased the last batch out of Germany.

the IM Skimmate Nano. <_<

The ghost is much better. The skimmate nano was a pile of crap

OK. I'll take the bait. steveT just ordered through my wife's amazon account. My pump on my 9002 just went kaput so this is convenient timing. $40 for a replacement pump for a dated skimmer that I was never a huge fan of (but had to settle for due to rear chamber dims), or splurge a bit more and try out the 9001? I'll try the new one. Now I have to think of a way to re-purpose my InTank 9002 skimmer cup…. Maybe I can store new life spectrum pellets in it...

3-5 business days if SteveT is on his game and I'll fire this sucker up. I've got a HEAVY bio load so it'll get a work out right off the bat.

NanoBiscuit

Steve, I'm just curious who is claiming it is whisper quite after break in? Are you guys advertising that or is Tunze the one making the statement. I trust you but would be hesitant to believe Tunze without reading what some of the reviews say first. My tank is in my living room right next to my TV so it really does need to be whisper quiet or I'll go crazy.

Now I have to think of a way to re-purpose my InTank 9002 skimmer cup….

Drink beer out of it

Steve, I'm just curious who is claiming it is whisper quite after break in? Are you guys advertising that or is Tunze the one making the statement. I trust you but would be hesitant to believe Tunze without reading what some of the reviews say first. My tank is in my living room right next to my TV so it really does need to be whisper quiet or I'll go crazy.

I agree, since we just got our hands on them it's not broken in yet. The 9002 and 9004 where whisper quiet after break in so I am confident they are not lying, but they are ze Germans.

Would you recommend this over the IM ghost for the 30L ?

It's much cheaper and is made by Tunze. I'd say yes right now

Would that fit in my Biocube14 with the hood still on (chamber3 your baskets in 2)

I wouldn't try it. You would have to figure out how to reroute the return tube. It would fit if you cut the molding lip that extends over the chamber and didn't have an elbow or tube in the way.

I dropped one in our IM16 in the "showroom"

First impressions: It is very quiet. It is more quiet than the Ghost Desktop we had running over a month and the 9001 was just started up. The pumps on the tank are louder.

I didn't like the way it was having to mount in this tank so I welded the inside magnet to the rear and will use the supplied outside magnet on the outside rear glass.

The skimmer is adjustable beyond belief, the only thing they really missed is moving the magnet around. You can adjust the intake, make it surface skim. You can bump the magnet out in case you mount on a rimmed area. There is a lot of thought in this small skimmer.

Time to break in

(before magnet relocation mounted onto return tube)

20140723_151140.jpg

20140723_153319.jpg

After 1 hour of operation. Skimmer is not broken in, skimmer has has no adjustments made after installing.

20140723_173827.jpg

ClownTriggerDude

I may,...have to try one, although I recently spent $134.000 on the Cad Lights nano skimmer, but I'm not very happy with the huge amounts of micro bubbles coming out between the two round plates !

Some owners have put a Hoover vacuum belt between the two, and I say that's BS !

The brand new version released this month, does not have the two plates. It's also a little lower cost.

Steve, I assume it will only fit in the second chamber and not the first ?

Anyway, this Tunze looks like a high quality unit and the price is great, so I may have to fork out another 100 buck for a skimmer.

Nada. I don't even see how they could come out. The body is completely sealed and the needle wheel is inside. I just set it up this afternoon I will check out more when back in the office tomorrow.

Steve, are you having any micro-bubbles escaping from the skimmer ?

Archived