inTank Media Baskets

Missing Fish

VGT

So, I added a six-line wrasse on Saturday, appeared quite healthy but got bullied immediately by the other tank inhabitants (Pair of Clowns, Pink thing my wife had to have), and went into hiding within minutes. Haven't seen it since.

I just built a screen top that fits very good, so jumping doesn't seem a likely possibility, I checked the overflows and back of tank (IM Micro 30), nothing there. Today I picked up each and every rock in the tank trying to see if he was hiding somewhere, no dice.

Can the return pump blend up a fish? I've had a sixline before that made its way into the back of an IM tank, but luckily I rescued it before anything happened. I'm a little flabbergasted where it could have gone.

Could be inside a rock. I've had wrasses stay inside rocks even when the rocks where taken out of the water... in any case looking for it is not going to help it and will only stress it out more.

Could be inside a rock. I've had wrasses stay inside rocks even when the rocks where taken out of the water... in any case looking for it is not going to help it and will only stress it out more.

Well, I'm done looking for it at this point, I just needed to look :) I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see it popping around in a few days.

Archived