Innovative Marine Aquariums

Storm Controller : HOW TO & Help

DaveFason

• 1 month later...
This guy is extra salty
On 10/26/2017 at 8:38 AM, DaveFason said:

Glad you are enjoying! 

If you like a nice blue light try CH1 ( Blue ) - 200-240 and CH2 ( Whites ) 100-140. Depending on your coral type and tank. 

-Dave

@DaveFason do you know if rapid put out recommended settings for the “percentages” of the different types of tanks (ex. Mixed reef, sps, softies, Fowler) 

im currently using their marine aurora pucks on a Mixed reef

20 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

@DaveFason do you know if rapid put out recommended settings for the “percentages” of the different types of tanks (ex. Mixed reef, sps, softies, Fowler) 

im currently using their marine aurora pucks on a Mixed reef

I do not. But a 2:1 - 3:1 mix is always a good start. 

• 5 months later...

Hey there.

I know this is an old thread.

I bought a used nano box tide, 36w with the controller,  no net capability.

I cannot figure out how to simply work the timer. This thing is hard to use...just on and off would be great.

Also don't know which pins to plug into on the controller....there are a lot! 

Help!

20180602_091137.jpg

3 hours ago, Joewest said:

Thanks man. 

I've been in contact with Dave but haven t heard back about this. I was hoping someone on here would have this same light.

You should have received this reply. Here is the hook up!

Here is the how-to in the begining of the thread. 

-Dave

• Like 1

Thanks so much. The hook up diagram helps.

I've read the write up about 10 times and still not figuring out how to simply get the timer to turn on and off.  I've set the clock and thought day and night control this but I'm lost.

What does o

Pwm and sim stand for?

Sorry, I feel like an idiot.

Maybe it would help if I just list what my settings are:

Pwm, day

44 32 26

11 08 37

Pwm, night

O 1 1

1 1 1

Sunrise, manual

Sunrise time, 12:00 Manual

Sunset time 

20:00 Manual 

Ramp time,  30m

Ramp delay, 

0 0 0

0 0 0

Cloud freq

0 0 0

0 0 0

Cloud channels

0 0 0

0 0 0

Lightning freq

Moonphase

Off 

Lat/long/get

81/25/0

Temp disp, f

Ch 4 5 fan, n

Dst, off

Day

44 32 26

11 8 37

Night

0 1 1

1 1 1

Sim 0%

Manual 0%

Dark?

Off?

21 hours ago, Joewest said:

Settings below for the lights. You only have control over two channels, 1 and 2. When you plug in the controller this is will start the light on its schedule. Do not worry about clicking anything else. The SIM, Manual, Dark, Off are all "programs" to show you what you those particular settings that you have made. 

"Once you have plugged in the power source you, the screen and small LED with light up. This will bring up the main screen with time, date and your current day mode. The day modes consist of...

1. Day - This is your current day time setting
  2. Night - This is your current night setting
  3. Sunrise - This starts the cycle of light from 0% - Day setting. This will ramp UP .
  4. Sunset - This is the start of your Day setting to 0% . This will ramp DOWN . Then switches to night mode

If you click the toggle wheel once, SIM will pop up. This will show your Sunrise setting. 0% - Day setting. Simply turn the toggle wheel and watch the quickest sunrise ever. This is how your mornings will look and give you an idea of what you are looking for. Rather it be super blue in the morning or an even mix.

If you click the toggle wheel again, MANUAL will pop up. This will controller ALL channels at the same time. 0 - 100% of an even mix. Simple as that!

Click the wheel once again and DARK will appear. This will show you the NIGHT setting.

Once last click will show OFF. I hope that speaks for itself.

Click again and either DAY/SUNRISE/SUNSET/NIGHT will appear and you are back on the day setting.

PROGRAMMING :

We are now into the programming part of the controller. DO NOT be afraid at all. This is extremely simple once you read this.

SET PWM ( DAY ) :

This is your day time setting. Click on this and CH1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 will appear. On standard Nano Box units you will have Channel 1 ( BLUE ) and Channel 2 ( White ). Set this to your taste. Normally I will set this to what I think looks good but this is completely subjective. If you puchased a moonlight channel, set your day setting to 0.

• Tide Recommended setting : CH1 - 140 - CH2 - 100
  • DUO Recommended setting : CH1 - 160 - CH2 - 120
  • QUAD Recommended setting : CH1 - 160 - CH2 - 120

SET PWM ( NIGHT ) :

This is your night setting. Click on this and CH1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 will appear. On standard Nano Box units you will have Channel 1 ( BLUE ) and Channel 2 ( White ). Set this to your liking for a night time viewing. If you have a moonlight channel set to 10-35.

• Tide Recommended setting : CH1 - 1 - CH2 - 0
  • DUO Recommended setting : CH1 - 1 - CH2 - 0
  • QUAD Recommended setting : CH1 - 1 - CH2 - 0 "

Thanks so much dave for your patience with me. I'm not particularly smart.

Still having no luck getting the light to turn on at 12:00 and off at 20:00.

I'm assuming all four holes in the end of the cord should be plugged into the first group of four pins on the far left side?

Psm refers to how much power goes to each led and has nothing to do with the timer? So sunrise and sunset mean the on and off time...just don't know why nothing is happening at 12:00 and 20:00. Perhaps I should just use a plugin timer....

20180603_102151.jpg

20180603_102132.jpg

20180603_102114.jpg