New Torch Coral Question

DanteGpico

DanteGpico

Two hours ago I got a new torch coral from VividAquariums. It was pretty closed up and still is. When I took it was excreting a clear mucus, almost constantly. I also noticed that little than half the coral is very deep inside the skeleton. Right now, the right half is still in the skeleton but is very visible while all I can see on the left is the white skeleton itself (which scares me). My water is only a little cloudy from the mucus stuff (what do you think of this?)

Thank you!

Sounds like it is just stressed out from the shipping process. I have learned recently that the best way to tell if euphillia is dying is to smell it. If you have any way to remove the torch from the water for a second to smell it, you will be able to tell very quickly whether you have a problem or not. If it doesn't smell like death, then it will likely be fine.

Torch coral usually take some time(at least a day or 2, sometimes longer) to settle in a new tank. If it doesn't smell like death, then just pick a spot that you think would be good for it, and leave it be for at least 4 or 5 days. It should recover fine. Upload some pictures if you can. That will help us to help out even more.

DanteGpico

Well the left side has come out a little bit. It is much darker than the right and is still pretty deep in the skeleton. When I got it, it smelled like the "make-you-gag" fishy smell. Unfortunately, I computer has real problems with me uploading photos. What do you think about the cloudiness of the water?

Archived