SaltCritters.com

UWdanno's IM Nuvo 4 Gallon

uwdanno

Not sure if I missed it but do you have a thread? Id love to check it out.

Nope but my 20 long did break so everything is in an 18gal rubbermaid tub right now, my couple of acro's aren't very happy cause it messed up my dosing. Everything else is just dandy though, wide open and happy as could be.

I'm going to most likely be getting a Mr. Aqua 12G long to replace it, so I might have a thread eventually but until now it's just been a matter of getting things looking remotely decent. (Until the 20L broke lol)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly with Forest Fire Digi's it's all about light from what I've read. Lower light brings out the colors if I'm correct.

That's what I've read too. The best ones I see are on plug sitting in the sand bed or in the bottom half of the tank. Moved mine down last week.

Hope it helps. Getting tired of seeing all that white :)

Nope but my 20 long did break so everything is in an 18gal rubbermaid tub right now, my couple of acro's aren't very happy cause it messed up my dosing. Everything else is just dandy though, wide open and happy as could be.

I'm going to most likely be getting a Mr. Aqua 12G long to replace it, so I might have a thread eventually but until now it's just been a matter of getting things looking remotely decent. (Until the 20L broke lol)

12g long is a great looking tank. Try to drill it so it looks all clean and sleek!

That's what I've read too. The best ones I see are on plug sitting in the sand bed or in the bottom half of the tank. Moved mine down last week.

Hope it helps. Getting tired of seeing all that white :)

12g long is a great looking tank. Try to drill it so it looks all clean and sleek!

That's the plan!! I haven't decided what overflow design to go with yet though.

Moved this kelly green Psammacora down but it may be too late. Pretty sure an alk swing from a big water change kicked this guy.

What do you think, dead or not??

75863A22-7068-42C8-8C9C-A924E83EA878.jpg

Probably dead yeah sadly. I would leave it though just in case.

I think I will. Its got 2 weeks to show signs of life.

There is a small section at the tip that looks like it might have polyps retracted. Tought to tell.

Two weeks....

If there is still flesh on the polyps, I'd say leave it. It's been in shock but lots of corals can pull back from a bad bleach. Just reverse whatever might have caused it, e.g. high temperature, high light, etc. If it's bare skeleton, on the other hand, cut off the part that still has flesh; that could be saved.

Otherwise, it's a great looking display. Only thing I can say is to try and keep the flow down on that frogspawn - that'll prevent too much sweeper formation, which could be bad in small volumes like this. Maybe pick up a little trimma, eviota or clown goby?

Dang! That's too bad- any signs of life on it yet?

If there is still flesh on the polyps, I'd say leave it. It's been in shock but lots of corals can pull back from a bad bleach. Just reverse whatever might have caused it, e.g. high temperature, high light, etc. If it's bare skeleton, on the other hand, cut off the part that still has flesh; that could be saved.

Otherwise, it's a great looking display. Only thing I can say is to try and keep the flow down on that frogspawn - that'll prevent too much sweeper formation, which could be bad in small volumes like this. Maybe pick up a little trimma, eviota or clown goby?

It actually is turning the corner! I moved it to the frag rack getting medium light and high flow. Starting yesterday the color is almost all back. Crazy how fast it's healing. Very happy to see it making a come back.

I'm scouting out a fish to add. Not sure if there is one that can survive a Pico but I'd love to find one that could eat amphipods. I have a million in the tank and they are irratating my zoas.

Added a couple other corals too. Once things get acclimated and placed I'll post pics

It actually is turning the corner! I moved it to the frag rack getting medium light and high flow. Starting yesterday the color is almost all back. Crazy how fast it's healing. Very happy to see it making a come back.

I'm scouting out a fish to add. Not sure if there is one that can survive a Pico but I'd love to find one that could eat amphipods. I have a million in the tank and they are irratating my zoas.

Added a couple other corals too. Once things get acclimated and placed I'll post pics

Nice to hear. Apparently there's some like adaptive bleaching process, something like natural selection where the zooxanthellae that did survive the increased light or temperatures then propogate in the coral, and that coral can then withstand those previously extreme params with no problem. But still keep a close eye on it, make sure it's fully recovered before it goes back in place.

As for the fish, there are definitely those that can survive a pico, but I'm hard pressed to think of one that is small, yet has a big enough mouth to gulp down amphipods. Tall order....maybe, maybe you can get away with a little Plectranthias? I'd say 10 g is more comfortable for one, but you could try, at least temporarily to try and clean out pods.

Nice to hear. Apparently there's some like adaptive bleaching process, something like natural selection where the zooxanthellae that did survive the increased light or temperatures then propogate in the coral, and that coral can then withstand those previously extreme params with no problem. But still keep a close eye on it, make sure it's fully recovered before it goes back in place.

As for the fish, there are definitely those that can survive a pico, but I'm hard pressed to think of one that is small, yet has a big enough mouth to gulp down amphipods. Tall order....maybe, maybe you can get away with a little Plectranthias? I'd say 10 g is more comfortable for one, but you could try, at least temporarily to try and clean out pods.

Yea I think sucking them up one by one is the only option. I've got a some pretty big ones and the zoa they are closest to isnt happy about it at all. I gave the rock a FW dip but I'm not sure that was enough.

Interesting thought about the surviving Zoo. That would make perfect sense that the survivors would be more adapt to the conditions. Lets hope so.

Might pick up a fish this weekend.

That's awesome the coral is coming back!

Very awesome. Was my first SPS. Not the most amazing piece but definitely the old man in the tank. I really like it.

Yea I think sucking them up one by one is the only option. I've got a some pretty big ones and the zoa they are closest to isnt happy about it at all. I gave the rock a FW dip but I'm not sure that was enough.

Interesting thought about the surviving Zoo. That would make perfect sense that the survivors would be more adapt to the conditions. Lets hope so.

Might pick up a fish this weekend.

Very awesome. Was my first SPS. Not the most amazing piece but definitely the old man in the tank. I really like it.

Can't wait to see what fish you choose.

I think Leptoseris is considered LPS...or is it like Pavona maldiviensis, one of those "in-betweens" that don't fall into either category?

Can't wait to see what fish you choose.

I think Leptoseris is considered LPS...or is it like Pavona maldiviensis, one of those "in-betweens" that don't fall into either category?

The "returning from the dead" aka zombie coral is a Psammacora. Def an SPS.

Leptoseris seems like an inbetween but I lean towards LPS.

Go on one website and it's an LPS, go to another and its SPS. It's happiest when I treat it just like an LPS though. Low light, medium flow. It also eats mysis shrimp. Very cool coral though. My fav in the tank.

When is your tank starting up??

The "returning from the dead" aka zombie coral is a Psammacora. Def an SPS.

Leptoseris seems like an inbetween but I lean towards LPS.

Go on one website and it's an LPS, go to another and its SPS. It's happiest when I treat it just like an LPS though. Low light, medium flow. It also eats mysis shrimp. Very cool coral though. My fav in the tank.

When is your tank starting up??

My apologies, thought it was Leptoseris. Psammocora definitely is SPS.

I don't really have any tank up and running yet. I may start one soon, may, but likely I'll be hanging around here for a while before I do. Definitely going to make something unique.

Tested Alk tonight. Came back about 6.7. I feel confident that's the cause for my corals unhappiness.

So the road to recovery begins!! Will be working to get back up around 9 over the course of the next couple weeks.

5F348ED2-1BE0-4DE6-BE5C-E8FE7F924103.jpg

Also... The zombie coral... Back from the dead. Looking better everyday.

AED3644E-705A-4FBB-8E24-BE7134E28145_1.j

That's down right crazy man !! I've thought about letting stuff come bCk,but quickly give up and just toss it lol. I guess I'm impatient !!

I'm with you. I was ready to send this guy down the river!

Doesn't it have PE though ? Just give it some time man,it'll make a full recovery.

It's staying. I was saying that back when it looked fried I was about to toss it. Now it's looking good and I'm confident will make a full recovery. Pumped to start dosing alk tomorrow. I think every thing will benefit.

Really like that picture of the firefish. My 6th post! ;)

Haha yes!!!!!!!! Honored to be the home of the big 6!!

When are you starting your tank?!

It's staying. I was saying that back when it looked fried I was about to toss it. Now it's looking good and I'm confident will make a full recovery. Pumped to start dosing alk tomorrow. I think every thing will benefit.

Haha yes!!!!!!!! Honored to be the home of the big 6!!

When are you starting your tank?!

I have been in the hobby for 7 years. My tank is a 30 gallon and its awesome

Archived