Coral Vue Hydros

UWdanno's IM Nuvo 4 Gallon

uwdanno

Awesome pictures man,is it me are Fire Fish always mean mugging lol ?

Always mean muggin! He has the behavior to back it up too. For being so small he is pretty ballsy.

Tanks looking great- everyone seems happy- did you ever pic up some reef chili? I think you said you were gonna try some of the roti and oyster feast too- how ya like 'em

Never got the Reef Chilli but I have been puting oyster and/or roti feast in a couple times a week. Things seem to be liking it. My colors are brighter and the polyps are fuller.

We have our local Annual Frag Swap this Saturday. Already pre-ordered a Red Dragon Acro and a JF Jack O Lantern. After those two pieces I am pretty much full --- On to grow out mode :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always mean muggin! He has the behavior to back it up too. For being so small he is pretty ballsy.

Never got the Reef Chilli but I have been puting oyster and/or roti feast in a couple times a week. Things seem to be liking it. My colors are brighter and the polyps are fuller.

We have our local Annual Frag Swap this Saturday. Already pre-ordered a Red Dragon Acro and a JF Jack O Lantern. After those two pieces I am pretty much full --- On to grow out mode :)

Cool- ya those are both good foods..............pretty much full--- onto grow out mode famous last words you'll be surprised how a few months will change your mind!! More power to ya if you can be that disciplined- I sure haven't

Cool- ya those are both good foods..............pretty much full--- onto grow out mode famous last words you'll be surprised how a few months will change your mind!! More power to ya if you can be that disciplined- I sure haven't

Famous last words for sure but with a baby on the way they'll have to be true. My time available to get fishy is about to become nil in 6 months. Thankfully that time spent is an upgrade!

Added a couple Zoas, a Red Dragon Acro and a JF Jack O Lantern. Better pics coming soon......

JF Jack O Lantern B)

2E4F1FBC-DBD8-4141-9279-A4F2B0E48553.jpg

OMFG I want that coral.....want Jack-o-Lantern so effing bad. Love the tank too!

New corals added...

Overhead shot of Red Dragon Acro

1a8b4fa17f8d08ab7eb3a9f94f619bba.jpg

New Zoas. Purple People Eater Zoa and a "I don't remember what the guy said" Zoa.

DSC_0425.jpg

Jack O' Lantern

ca140c48fc7d233fa4a852a9ea3f7dd2.jpg

Fish approving...

DSC_0416.jpg

FTS - 11/24/24

1cbcb33eb44c4ef6827c9d1da006d75d.jpg

man sweet looking jack o lantern! love the tank!

OMFG I want that coral.....want Jack-o-Lantern so effing bad. Love the tank too!

Ha! Glad it's a hit. Easily one of my favs and I've heard they grow fast

Hi, I'm starting with my nuvo 4. I would like to ask you how often do you change your filtration and if you are still using the media basket that came with the tank.

Are you still using the ATO?

I'm still thinking about adding a small fish, but I'm not sure which one. Did you notice any difference in the corals after adding yours?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm starting with my nuvo 4. I would like to ask you how often do you change your filtration and if you are still using the media basket that came with the tank.

Are you still using the ATO?

I'm still thinking about adding a small fish, but I'm not sure which one. Did you notice any difference in the corals after adding yours?

Thanks!

Great to hear I am not alone with a Nuvo 4 gal :)

I am still using the stock media basket but I am not using the stock media. I have (in order) - Filter Floss, Chemi Pure, Purigen. I change the floss weekly with water changes and the Chemi Pure/ Purigen every 3 months.

I am using an ATO that I built. Simple gravity feed hamster bottle resting on the return chamber. There's lots of info on here about these simple ATO's. I'm hoping to get an AquaSmart ATO soon. The problem with picos is the rear chambers are so small. I cant find a float switch that fits. The AquaSmart ATO is the best solution as far as I can tell.

I haven't noticed any difference in the corals with the fish in the tank. The only overall difference is the algea production. I feed my Firefish frozen Mysis. This can be a bit hard to get the right amount in the tank and there are always leftovers. Be careful about too much food - it can make your tank look messy quick. Hermits are a HUGE help in picking up any pieces the fish doesnt eat. I recommend a couple.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad you can get growth like that,I always just get encrusting and that's it lol. Looking good though man,looking good.

Thanks. I'm actually hoping for more encrusting. It'd be cool to get some of my rocks covered. My Sunset Monti and Jack O Lantern Leptoseris are starting to encrusting

That's all mine do... It's annoying. People say its a mixture of things as to why I don't get upward growth,but whatever lol. Better to have encrusting than things dying lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added a Tsunami ATO, DIY independent control box, dimmer and CC Par38 Full Spectrum. Equipment updates to follow soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

Looking good man !!! Do I see a new piece on Althea frag rack ?!

Thanks

Nothing "new" on the frag rack but rather a shot at saving my Red Dragon Acro from STN. Something was off in the tank and that guy didn't like it. I had to frag off the healthy pieces to try to save it. I don't have much faith that any of it will live. Such a sensitive coral...

Super glue the areas that start to RTN/STN,and you should be okay. It really is a sensitive coral. Any "deep water" sps really is. You'd think they'd be more prone to change because of being a deepwater change and nutrients being washed up,but all you can do is try to make everything perfect. Idk how I've done so good honestly lol.

My JF Jack O Lantern Leptoseris might be the happiest coral in the tank. Great polyp extension. Tentacles are are always out and the growth has been great.

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

Archived