SaltCritters.com

Aquarium Tiny Leak Fix ?

ClownTriggerDude

ClownTriggerDude

We have a Oceanic BioCube that has water in it for over 2 months, and now there's three tiny leaks between the black lower rim and glass.

Do not, know why.

Is there a silicone, glue, epoxy ect, that can be applied while it's wet ?

The problem isn't that uncommon. Read through some of these threads and get some ideas: http://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?s=9a0234fa64fa8c16c2ac599c542f2cb4&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=biocube%20leak%20top&gsc.sort=

The answer might be contacting Oceanic, lowering the water level, modifying the media chambers, using silicone to seal it (lowering the water level for a couple of days or moving the contents to a temp tank). The water might be wicking up to the top (like on a cord); moving equipment might help.

ClownTriggerDude

I'll read several of the threads. I can't believe theirs so many and in different areas. I have done some modification's and not even using the hood and light, as I have a Kessil over it. should just get a normal tank and a sump, but it's my wife's tank and she likes the look of the tank.

Just as a quick question/ answer, what are people using to seal the leaks on the outside while it's full of water ?

Just as a quick question/ answer, what are people using to seal the leaks on the outside while it's full of water ?

I don't think you can really seal it while it's still leaking. You could probably lower the water level (for a couple of days) and seal it with aquarium silicone.

Have you really examined how the water it reaching the top rim? There might be a simple change that will stop it from getting that high.

Remove the chambers and drill it. Simplest best plan I could think of.

That would work too.

I thought he said in the first post it's leaking from the bottom rim?

Oh, you're right; I don't know why I was thinking it was the top rim.

Then sorry no, you can't fix it with water in the tank (and drilling it won't solve this particular problem).

ClownTriggerDude

I agree.

I've now found many leaks, all around the bottom. I'm using paper towels and a air drier to dry off the areas of the rim and glass, then watch, and I can see water bubbles starting them to a leak. There's so many that trying to fix it makes no sense. I'll give Oceanic a call giving them a piece of my mind, then think about getting a different tank !

It's only 2.5 years old.

Can you apply new silicone (or other products)

over the existing silicone ?

I found a local used 28g JBJ nano cube for $100 if I choose not to fix mine ?

Archived