SaltCritters.com

Bluefish Controller Video

rod00007

I made a video showing off a little bit of my reef with the Controller running.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions and or if it is helpful at all.

I'd love to see some people make some videos when they have time and post them here.

Let me know if there is something I can show specifically that you are curious about. Owning 2 kessil lights I am curious about the new controller kessil is releasing at the end of the summer but since the Bluefish is a complete solution in the works I don't feel that I made the wrong choice. I see good extension and growth on a lot of my corals and I definitely give the Bluefish some credit for that. Definite thumbs up from me.

Let me talk about it before I do a video. So in my experience the Lightning which seems like it is the only effect you get in a storm is based on what colors you pick for it. The best way to demonstrate this is at night with the lights off. It basically makes the leds flash when the lightning strikes. It's almost too quick for my taste right now and I do no particularly care for the effect using the kessil lights. With the panorama pro's or stunners it is a much nicer flash but also very quick. Now the clouds are neat because you will see the lights dim for cloud cover. The cloud cover options works much better than I thought it would. Storms and lightning while they sound super cool don't really do it for me. It's a great way to show off your system at night when the lights are off though.

I'd like to be able to control the delay period for each lightning strike. What if all the lights dimmed to like 15% before the lightning hit to make the lightning strike more obvious? As it works right now I am mostly leaving that off.

I'd also really like to have a pre morning and pre night setting added to the current morning,midday,evening,night light settings. So far the uv as the moon lights work well but I am not so sure its the greatest thing for the corals. I'm still testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived