Innovative Marine Aquariums

Using the same brand emitter

MeCasa

Please understand - not only bin E of Luxeon T is outperform Cree RB, but also bin D, it available on open market without problem. It is simple. But let's look on bin C, it is more interesting. Lux T RB bin C has a approx. 1075mWt on 700mA and FW 2.8V. So we can see efficacy 1075/(2.8*700)*100=55%. Let's look at the best bin of Cree. Cree XT-E can output 600mWt at current 350mA and approx. 1050mWt at 700mA. Voltage drop will be 3.2V, so we have efficacy 1.050/(0.7*3.2)*100=47%. Wow! Let's check efficacy of bin B of Luxeon T: 1025/(2.8*700)*100=52%! WOW!! Let's look at the worst bin of Lux T: 975/(2.8*700)*100=50%!

We can make simple conclusion - the WORST bin of Luxeon is noticeable better than BEST bin of Cree.

Have you any comments to this fact?

Please understand - not only bin E of Luxeon T is outperform Cree RB, but also bin D, it available on open market without problem. It is simple. But let's look on bin C, it is more interesting. Lux T RB bin C has a approx. 1075mWt on 700mA and FW 2.8V. So we can see efficacy 1075/(2.8*700)*100=55%. Let's look at the best bin of Cree. Cree XT-E can output 600mWt at current 350mA and approx. 1050mWt at 700mA. Voltage drop will be 3.2V, so we have efficacy 1.050/(0.7*3.2)*100=47%. Wow! Let's check efficacy of bin B of Luxeon T: 1025/(2.8*700)*100=52%! WOW!! Let's look at the worst bin of Lux T: 975/(2.8*700)*100=50%!

We can make simple conclusion - the WORST bin of Luxeon is noticeable better than BEST bin of Cree.

Have you any comments to this fact?

I cant find D bin in the market either, yes C4R bin is commonly available. Yes I have acknowledged that Luxeon in RB in this is lower vf so better efficacy. Voltage drop at 700ma on Cree is actually 3.05V and output is 1085.80, eff is approx 51%. Your correct not as good as I have acknowledged but really are you telling me this is devastating difference. LL # 4 voltage bin is min 2.75 max 3.00, if I dont get absolute lowest vf in my leds then difference can be lost. XPE-2 will soon be available in 625mw bin, so it will shift again.

As I said the changes in leds is almost on a daily basis but the differences between suppliers is not devastating or dramatic. If you have a preference for LL or Semileds, more power to you.

You think datasheets from Cree is wrong exactly in better side? OK, I ready to agree :) But why you have not such opinion for datasheets from LL? ;) We has seen FW only 2.7V for most RB Luxeon T.

I would like to end this useless discussion, because the contesting of the datasheets - it is wrong way.

I wish you good sales.

You think datasheets from Cree is wrong exactly in better side? OK, I ready to agree :) But why you have not such opinion for datasheets from LL? ;) We has seen FW only 2.7V for most RB Luxeon T.

I would like to end this useless discussion, because the contesting of the datasheets - it is wrong way.

I wish you good sales.

I agree I think we have hijacked this thread enough

Archived