Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

- NYR's Fusion 30L [First Tank] - [Testing Corals]

NYR

Yep, but he might still be bleeding blue if the rangers agreed to a "no trade" clause.

Didn't think Callahan was worth the money anyway

Yea man. But after countless years of bleeding blue you grow used to it lol. On a side note you see cally got his 6 year deal with Tampa

Yeah and he signed for less then what the rangers offered him. Great locker room guy but he would not have put up St. Louis numbers in the playoffs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, but he might still be bleeding blue if the rangers agreed to a "no trade" clause.

I loved cally as a ranger but he could of made a deal and the St. Louis tragedy helped bring this team to the final. Plus 6 years for a guy who's always hurt, granted its bc he plays so hard.

Didn't think Callahan was worth the money anyway

Yeah and he signed for less then what the rangers offered him. Great locker room guy but he would not have put up St. Louis numbers in the playoffs

He can play for less in Florida because they have no personal state income tax.

OOOPS, maybe we should talk about our tanks ya think?

Well here's an update. I was dosing ammonium chloride to get ammonia to 3ppm but my salifert test kit kept reading 0.25, so i thought maybe there was something wrong with the Dr Tims ammonium chloride. I bought an API ammonia kit to get another reading and ammonia levels were through the roof. So I did a 75% water change to bring the ammonia levels down.

Plus side is that weekly 20% water changes will seem like nothing later on and I am now very comfortable mixing my water.

Down side is that my cycle didn't actually start until i fixed the ammonia issue

Seems I'm back on track though!

Two week mark:

Ammonia: 0ppm [API and Seachem]

Nitrite: 1ppm [salifert]

Nitrate: API says 20ppm, salifert shows 100ppm

Nitrite dropped from 2ppm to 1ppm from yesterday. I've been told I can water change this out and slowly add livestock. However, I'll be heading to a shop saturday to pick up a large amount of salt to ensure I have enough for a while. So i'll see what my levels read then. All in all Dr. Tim gave me a pretty quick cycle thus far. :D

Edit: Also here's a quick shot with lights on

JNHphkN.jpg?1

aviator300

Two week mark:

Ammonia: 0ppm [API and Seachem]

Nitrite: 1ppm [salifert]

Nitrate: API says 20ppm, salifert shows 100ppm

Nitrite dropped from 2ppm to 1ppm from yesterday. I've been told I can water change this out and slowly add livestock. However, I'll be heading to a shop saturday to pick up a large amount of salt to ensure I have enough for a while. So i'll see what my levels read then. All in all Dr. Tim gave me a pretty quick cycle thus far. :D

Edit: Also here's a quick shot with lights on

JNHphkN.jpg?1

I think your using a Maxspect Razor right? It makes your rocks look good even naked...I can't wait to see how this progresses.

I think your using a Maxspect Razor right? It makes your rocks look good even naked...I can't wait to see how this progresses.

Yep Maxspect is correct, I ordered the 120 degree reflectors today so I get more coverage on both ends of the tank. I don't trust this fiberboard basement ceiling to hang anything haha.

Side note, for stocking I plan on going with a clownfish, midas blenny or bicolor blenny, and a pink streaked wrasse. Though I can't seem to find a pink streaked wrasse anywhere. Corals will be Zoa and Paly heavy, ricordea, hammer and/or frogspawn, acans, possibly some chalice. Would like to get into torches and duncans later on. Steering clear of sps for now.

Admonition

I love torches but didn't feel I had the 'isolation room' necessary with my fusion setup. So I opted for a duncan instead when I ran across one by chance, and I -love- him. It's not as long flowing as a torch but you still get that torch/anemone effect without sweepers :) I'm slacking on picture updates in my thread mainly due to my Apex instal this weekend, but I definitely would recommend a duncan

120o reflectors came in today. Installed them real quick and was very pleased at the coverage i get when using the tank mounts. Also, got them on ebay 3 for $40 shipped so I couldn't pass that up.

PbF345t.jpg?2

KWLDC49.jpg?1

Todays Testing: Ammonia read 0ppm, Nitrites were between 0.5ppm-1.0ppm, havent been testing nitrates since i know they're present. Nitrite has been falling around 0.25-.5 per day for a few days now. So I'm hoping it 0's out by this weekend. Once it does I'll check nitrates and perform water changes.

Looking like the home stretch!

Ok so on friday my nitrites zeroed out and i performed a 75% water change to bring the nitrites to at or under 10ppm, followed by a 35% water change saturday morning to bring them around 5ppm (hard to differentiate 2ppm and 5ppm on salifert card)

I stocked my first fish. Got an ORA False Perc from a local shop. [He's quick and iphone camera is nothing to be desired]

Any pics are better than no pics am i right!

u6BoAUj.jpg?1

Dx6XrKF.jpg?1

danschargers21

Are you getting micro bubbles in the tank with the cadlights skimmer? I cannot stop the bubbles with the ghost skimmer and about to drop it been thinking about the cadlights. What ya think?

Are you getting micro bubbles in the tank with the cadlights skimmer? I cannot stop the bubbles with the ghost skimmer and about to drop it been thinking about the cadlights. What ya think?

Okay so since I'm new to the game, I've seen the term microbubbles thrown around before and understand the concept, but i've never been exposed to them firsthand.

Ran a google search and I can confirm the tank is clear. I do turn off my return pump to feed or else the pellets quickly travel to the overflows/media chamber and when i start the pumps back up i get some bubbles but they dissipate pretty quick; not enough to bother me.

Haha, a person with a non-Innovative Marine skimmer doesn't even know what micro bubbles are?! This is rich.

You know what? In case you hadn't noticed, this is the "beginners forum" and making haha fun of people tends to discourage questions and answers.

BTW, i'd really like to glean from your knowledge of micro-bubbles myself as i have never experienced them either.

Haha, a person with a non-Innovative Marine skimmer doesn't even know what micro bubbles are?! This is rich.

are you saying i should have them? I know what they are ive just never experienced them myself

You know what? In case you hadn't noticed, this is the "beginners forum" and making haha fun of people tends to discourage questions and answers.

BTW, i'd really like to glean from your knowledge of micro-bubbles myself as i have never experienced them either.

I do know "what" and I have noticed what forum this is in...My comment was making fun of Innovative Marine's skimmers - not the OP. My point: Innovative Marine skimmers = micro bubbles and people who don't own them don't even know what they are, because they've never had to deal with them (not sure how that's "making haha fun"). You and the OP are the lucky ones, not the dumb ones.

Buy an Innovative Marine skimmer if you want to play in micro bubbles (not sure why you would). Enjoy!

are you saying i should have them? I know what they are ive just never experienced them myself

Most manufacturer's will tell you it's common to experience micro bubbles while the skimmer breaks in (first couple of weeks), so you're probably in the minority if you didn't experience any, but it's a good minority to be in! As long as you're collecting good, nasty skim, then there's nothing to worry about!

Most manufacturer's will tell you it's common to experience micro bubbles while the skimmer breaks in (first couple of weeks), so you're probably in the minority if you didn't experience any, but it's a good minority to be in! As long as you're collecting good, nasty skim, then there's nothing to worry about!

Ahh okay i think i misunderstood your original post as well! I bought the PLS-50 because the tanks in my bedroom and i've heard great reviews regarding it being real silent, so I'm a happy camper!

Ahh okay i think i misunderstood your original post as well! I bought the PLS-50 because the tanks in my bedroom and i've heard great reviews regarding it being real silent, so I'm a happy camper!

Yeah, it's the skimmer I wish I had. My comment might make more sense if you consider danschargers had just previously commented about the micro bubbles in his Innovative Marine Ghost skimmer. If you've ever had an Innovative Marine skimmer, you've more than likely dealt with some micro bubbles (if only for a short time), and it's just funny how foreign that problem is to a non-Innovative Marine skimmer user like yourself. Hope that makes sense, but sorry for the confusion!

Archived