Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Really good news, or bad news? Rock flower nem help

harleychic

I got a rock flower nem from a local guy today. I acclimated it slowly. It was somewhat attached to the bag, I pried it slowly off. I placed it in the tank where I hoped it would be happy, and it quickly attached. Then I notice a piece of flesh in the bag. I won't repeat here the words that came out iof my mouth. I'm thinking I must have torn the foot. Hoping for the best, I threw the piece into the tank near the nem. So far the nem looks happy. The random flesh also attached to the same rock. After watching it awhile, it looks like there might be green tentacles trying to come out! So what do you guys think, did I rip the foot, or is this a baby?

Normally they can be removed from a bag without ripping the foot. If your having trouble removing it, you can cut the bag and let the anemone move off of it on its own (you can place a small rock on the edge of the bag so it won't blow away after the anemone leaves). Often they will move onto a nearby rock that they are next to (just touching).

Thanks Seabass, I will keep that in mind next time. I will try and get some pics when I get home tonite. I can't figure out how to upliad pics from my phone to anywhere other than Facebook. Maybe I can copy and paste a link.

Archived