Innovative Marine Aquariums

28G of open water.. 22/12

Wiinberg

Looks like he has a lot of potential to color up....just hope he's not a complete jerk when you start to put other stuff in the tank.

I hope so. He's tiny, so i hope that adding new fish in a bigger size will help with it. Originally it was my intention to add the damsel last, so it wouldn't set up territory before anyone else.

Also got my new Jebao RW4 pumps today.

enMyzq.jpg

TWTATq.jpg

That's a modded Tunze 6015 next to it. They are tiny! Allready love them, i just hope the noise disappears soon.

So i ordered some corals yesterday, radioactive zoas, acan, ric florida and yuma. Couldn't help myself. Shipped out today from White Corals, Germany with UPS (oh shit) 24h Express. Got on their tracking site to check the progress earlier, all was fine. Then tonight, the delivery was changed to wednesday instead. That's 48 hours instead.

I can't say how much i hate UPS.. Urinate on People Service.

What do you know, they came today after all..

Acan

5DuVvr.jpg

48FqBw.jpg

Ricordea Florida bicolor

VqSJMW.jpg

pxFF1u.jpg

Ricordea Yuma Orange

coIuhF.jpg

Got some radioactive zoas too, but they haven't opened up yet. Don't know if they will make it.

Latest additions:

sm04NH.jpg

F45n1w.jpg

kEbLhm.jpg

It's not all good though.. My damsel freaked out when the clowns came in the tank, that was yesterday,, and stressed them out pretty good for the first 24 hours.. So today i finally catched the damn thing, he put up a good fight, and he is now moved to the sump until somebody want's to have him. Otherwise he gets back to the lfs.

The clowns stay in one side against the glass, with an occasional short trip along the front glass, and don't seem to eat. They try, but they spit it out again. Hopefully they will come around.

Sometimes they come around once they get hungry enough, but I had to try 3 or 4 different foods before I found something mine would eat so make sure you try some other stuff too.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems it's time for a little update.. Got some new additions, including new light.. Traded my kessils to a Maxspect Razor 160w 16k instead, since i'm a bit of a tech geek, so i need my bells and whistles..

FTS, from today:

9PRk4Z.jpg

Still got a little algae, but my tuxedo and tang is working on it..

• 2 weeks later...

Still can't get rid of that fuzzy carpet of nuisance on the rocks. Changed my DI filter and changed water more than i use to. Also got some Rowaphos in the sump to take the Po4 down a little. Hopefully it will do the job.

Other than that, i've been shopping coral. Got 8 rocks with zoas, acans, caulastrea, ricordia and some other stuff too, plus a new clown for 80$.. Can't say no to that..

8nVCSd.jpg

WGaF2j.jpg

DSxpPP.jpg

Still haven't found out what this acro is. Any ideas?

IXaBGX.jpg

iwRqth.jpg

tWtCut.jpg

This acan has it's feeders out all day long.. Should i worry?

xY20AF.jpg

VJ5kmt.jpg

uJ2TW7.jpg

IdExIY.jpg

No FTS this time, it's all a mess. Haven't gotten the new pieces placed yet. Thought i would wait until the algae clears out. Also, going to a frag swap on sunday.. Wonder if i should keep the cash home :)

Got a little something today.. Along with a green digitata and a hystrix. Colors aren't right yet, it's been kind of neglected in the tank where it came from.

dk3xhw.jpg

• 1 month later...
Miguel Burguete

Very very cool tank!!

It seems we have some things in common in the hobby!!

I am also considering replace the tunze 6015 for only one RW4! Do you like yours?

Thank you, the tank looks a little different now, haven't updated in a while. Besides, i've also bought a cube like yours, only a little bigger :)

Yeah, i'm really happy with the RW4's, they don't say much, and gives a really wide and strong flow. I'm definitely buying the RW15's for my new tank, it's a good price :)

oRrJgQ.jpg

HsXRFs.jpg

Cheers! Well, not much actually.. Running an Aqua Medic Turboflotor Blue 500, and a little Rowaphos on occasion. 6g water change once a week, and that's about it :)

The new tank will run the same skimmer and a waterfall ATS + diy reactor with Rowaphos.

WNPzaR.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, it's been a while.. Been prepping the light for the new tank, just need to paint it and get the wiring done.

KT4AUF.jpg

It holds 2x24w T5's on each side. Gonna be pretty neat :)

And a couple of pictures from the tank.. My acro has really been growing.

vdMCav.jpg

BOQfgS.jpg

z5x89t.jpg

2bSYPZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived