Coral Vue Hydros

niQo's ADA 60F - Oct. 2016 Update!

niQo

I have 1 clownfish, 1 allen damsel and a yellow watchmen goby (and some inverts). You have 4 fish in your Spec? That's quite a few! :P

Yeah haha probably too many. I should return some and buy something cooler, like a wrasse or firefish pair..

Yeah haha probably too many. I should return some and buy something cooler, like a wrasse or firefish pair..

4 in your new tank should be fine, so might as well give that a shot! Even though my experience is limited I do think some of the rules about how many fish you can keep per gallon is a bit dated. This is why I like nano reef

• Like 1

Spec V right now has...

2x Clownfish

1x Bicolor Blenny

1x Watchmen Goby

1x Peppermint

8x Snails

1x Halloween hermit, but I haven't seen him for a while.. I better find him. He was expensive LOL.. He better be somewhere in there :(

I also used to have:

1x Emerald, but he died from molting :(

Pretty extensive list haha... but it's doing pretty damn good!!

Spec V right now has...

2x Clownfish

1x Bicolor Blenny

1x Watchmen Goby

1x Peppermint

8x Snails

1x Halloween hermit, but I haven't seen him for a while.. I better find him. He was expensive LOL.. He better be somewhere in there :(

I also used to have:

1x Emerald, but he died from molting :(

Pretty extensive list haha... but it's doing pretty damn good!!

In how many gallons?

• Like 1

Quick Update!

Pictures taken with my iPad, decently accurate color-wise when it comes to the corals. I moved some things around. My Favia was not happy being higher up. I think ever since I changed lights he hasn't been back to himself, maybe too much light? My zoos aren't doing so great either. There is just one kind that seems to do well in my tank so far (the one on the right). The other ones are barely opening. My Acan is definitely the fastest growing, just keeps popping out new heads! The Red Monti (I think) hasn't gotten its color back after switching the lights. I'm wondering if I run my nano box too high. Any thoughts on this? I'll have to figure out my settings later on, but I don't think I run any of the two channels over 25%.

I find the challenge with such a shallow tank is that you don't have much depth to play with when it comes to corals. There is only a few inches difference in height between the high and low corals. Of course I do move some more to the side to reduce the light intensity.

24715938156_3e8734256b_c.jpgJan 31 2016 by Nico B., on Flickr

24624343802_3100caf505_c.jpgJan 31 2016 by Nico B., on Flickr

24624341952_413e0d6f43_c.jpgJan 31 2016 by Nico B., on Flickr

• Like 2

You have a lid right? that watchman is always at the surface, worries me.

I sure do! He's quite the escape artist too. Found him in my overflow more then once and even in my sump if I remember correctly. He usually doesn't hang out there too much. But I think my face is connected in their tiny brains with food.

Nice FTS's! Lookin good!!

Love those long rimless tanks, woth almost no equipment in. So stylish

Thanks! No equipment in the tank is very nice. I also like being able to look through the tank. I think a colored background would make the tank look lots smaller.

• 3 months later...

Hi niQo,

I'm curious how your tank is going. I am very interested in the ADA f60 tank, but have concerns about the height and how close the corals are exposed to lighting. I have a nanobox tide mini and would be curious if the your duo is too strong for such a shallow tank like you mention.

My nanobox mini is does great for the SPS frags that i own, but i couldn't imagine how the soft stuff and other LPS would do. The duo covers a much broader area which is why I wanted to know if you had any updates. thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi niQo,

I'm curious how your tank is going. I am very interested in the ADA f60 tank, but have concerns about the height and how close the corals are exposed to lighting. I have a nanobox tide mini and would be curious if the your duo is too strong for such a shallow tank like you mention.

My nanobox mini is does great for the SPS frags that i own, but i couldn't imagine how the soft stuff and other LPS would do. The duo covers a much broader area which is why I wanted to know if you had any updates. thanks.

I apologize for such a late response! I don't get much traffic here and somehow this slipped by me!

Are you still wanting an answer? I'm guessing by now you may have already made up your mind!

The tank is still running. I'm battling some Cyano and green turf algae. And I'm in the process I figuring out whether I need to dose. My Alkalinity has been crazy low.

I wouldn't mind doing a proper update soon, but I'm not sure when I'll have time.

I apologize for such a late response! I don't get much traffic here and somehow this slipped by me!

Are you still wanting an answer? I'm guessing by now you may have already made up your mind!

The tank is still running. I'm battling some Cyano and green turf algae. And I'm in the process I figuring out whether I need to dose. My Alkalinity has been crazy low.

I wouldn't mind doing a proper update soon, but I'm not sure when I'll have time.

No worries. I actually went ahead with the ada tank and it's running very well.

Take a look if you have a min.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/375244-ada-60f-by-tuffryu/#entry5374866

• 1 month later...

Quick new FTS:30008484302_39015d88cb_c.jpgFTS by Nico B., on Flickr

Last Sunday I spend about 1,5 hour scraping algae (bryopsis or some kind of turf algae) off of two rocks and then treating the entire rock (except for the corals), with 35% peroxide. I must say my tank has not looked this good for a while! Pretty much no algae to be seen or even any cyano!

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Quick new FTS:30008484302_39015d88cb_c.jpgFTS by Nico B., on Flickr

Last Sunday I spend about 1,5 hour scraping algae (bryopsis or some kind of turf algae) off of two rocks and then treating the entire rock (except for the corals), with 35% peroxide. I must say my tank has not looked this good for a while! Pretty much no algae to be seen or even any cyano!

these tanks are so slick! Good job
  • Like 1

Looking wonderful! Good "re-boot".

Thanks! Hope it stays this way and maybe I can figure out my DSLR for some better pictures. My Sand looks pristine right now. I wonder if some of the leftover peroxide made that happen.

• 7 months later...